• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USPS - Anybody else having trouble?

In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late
for 24 hours...I guess it might be going to California....doesn't take 24 hours to get anywhere in this country....
At least it may not have made it to Palmetto, where mail goes to die....fingers crossed

Mailed two USPS money orders from my post office, Juliette, GA on Feb 26 and 27th. One to Dawsonville, Ga and the other to Virginia. Both are still no show. Postmaster said give it more time, they are having “issues”. I called my Congressman Scott Austin today and filed a complaint with his office.
Maybe if each of us was to call our Congressman it may put some pressure on these people!

I went in to my local post office today to file a claim on my missing package because I couldn't get through to anyone on the USPS phone and their contact by email keeps saying I have to wait longer. Basically every day it says if my package doesn't arrive by today to file, and then it says it again the next day. Perpetual loophole.

Anyways, she said it's been pretty bad. Lots of upset customers, missing mail/packages, etc. I don't think there is an end in site. If your mail or package are getting routed through Atl RIP. Apparently USPS has done some consolidation and it's not going so well. I think locally mail used to route through Macon as well as the Atlanta area, word is all the Macon routing went to Atlanta too. Not sure about other cities but probably the same.

Mailed two USPS money orders from my post office, Juliette, GA on Feb 26 and 27th. One to Dawsonville, Ga and the other to Virginia. Both are still no show. Postmaster said give it more time, they are having “issues”. I called my Congressman Scott Austin today and filed a complaint with his office.
Maybe if each of us was to call our Congressman it may put some pressure on these people!
I would say that was probably more effective than coming here and complaining, yet here I am.

Several news articles now about it, so it's making the rounds. Here's one blaming the new Atlanta distribution center that most of our mail goes through

<--Link

Y’all just don’t understand, it’s all about efficiency and rapid service.
Everything mailed from Saint Simons, (and I guess all of Glynn county) even local mail, is shipped to a Jacksonville, Fla. facility for sorting.
My NEXT DOOR neighbor sent me a get well card. Stuck it in her mailbox, picked up by carrier, shipped to Jax for sorting, arrived my mailbox 3 days later. Said next time she has something, she’ll just walk over and hand it to me.

Back
Top Bottom