Vehicle Mounted Guns Laws

TheSnail

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
61   0
Reaction score
Quick question:

Does anyone know if it is legal to have a vehicle mounted gun in the state of Georgia? Meaning, can I legally drive around with a roof mounted belt fed machine gun (aside from the NFA laws)? I have been planning on adding a fixed belt fed machine gun at one of my gun room windows. However, I am wondering if it would be better to mount it to an x-military H1, or at least have to option to legally mount the weapon to the vehicle.

Not while mobile afaik, you can have the mount, but no weapon in it on a public roadway (at least not in TX). lemme dig up the statute, prolly just as easy to find as GA's info on teh subject, Bing FTW.

Hmm, the sonsensus among the re-enactment crowd is that if it's non-functional it's legal, but if it IS functional then you gotta ask local LE. Apparently the rules vary quite a bit even ina given state. Just mount it when you get where's you're going :p

Last edited:
If mounting the gun on the exterior of the vehicle is illegal, how about the inside? The vehicle is a H1 wagon, which has barn doors in the back, having a rear facing mount setup. Defiantly not as good as a roof mount, but in Georgia, your vehicle is an extension of your home. Which I assume implies the inside of the vehicle, which in case would be perfectly legal.

It's been a long time since I checked, but I think it's the same rules as walking around with a loaded rifle strapped to you, but carry permits don't apply.

Would this work? LOL

PANews_N0405051371858366788A_I1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom