• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saving dad's guns from potential take over...

Talos

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Hew many foe-men.
66   0
Reaction score
My dad recently remarried to a Mexican lady 25 years younger than him that doesn't speak English well. He moved in with her and isn't at his house much anymore. He has 30 some guns that are left unattended for weeks at a time in a closet. These aren't cheap guns either. Mostly old or antiques like Lugers, Colt SAA, etc. He didn't feel comfortable bringing them to his wife's house because of her teen kids so I suggested I get him a safe and he keeps them at my house. My initial thought was to make sure no one breaks into his house and takes them and I can keep watch on them and keep them clean. Now, my dad is 70 years old and his wife will outlive him. She is a nice lady and I don't expect her to take everything he has when his time comes but the thought is there in the back of my mind. She doesn't know how many guns or what guns he has but could she come after me for them after he passes? I could claim I don't have them since she has no idea what they are. I'm not sure if she even knows he's bringing them to me.

Get your dad to give you the guns before he dies. My dad trusted his whore wife and didn't do jack to ensure my brothers and I got our grand parents things. That bitch took everything. She kept all my grandfather and great-grand fathers old hand tools. I had to pay for my fathers funeral because his loving whore wife didn't want to pay to have him buried
She was re-married 30 days after my dad died. Big life insurance payment was a great start to her new life

Get your dad to give you the guns before he dies. My dad trusted his whore wife and didn't do jack to ensure my brothers and I got our grand parents things. That bitch took everything. She kept all my grandfather and great-grand fathers old hand tools. I had to pay for my fathers funeral because his loving whore life didn't want to pay to have him buried
I'm already in the process of it. He brought over a few the other day and I was drooling over the original Colt SAA.

I hate that for you. My ex had to deal with that when her mom remarried and passed away. There ought to be laws against it.

Just tell him to give them to you. In writing. And for him to keep a “ life interest” in them.
Meaning he can use them like they were his until he dies.

Or if he needs the money you can buy them…payment plan.

^^^^^^ This

If your dad is OK with it all cause his younger wife is none the wiser to the situation and this is business between your Dad and you only.

And to answer your question....
If they are all in your possession, I believe she could only legally "come after you for them" if/when your dad passes only if she could prove prior ownership.

Again, keep this between you and your father! End of story.

Back
Top Bottom