Vehicle Mounted Guns Laws

I don't know about "the next level", but it's dang sure another level.

I get different answers from every officer I've asked.
I'm not surprised, sometimes LEOs know less than the general public. I've done this, ask 10 different ordinary patrol officers to clarify open carry and concealed carry in an automobile....and you will get 5 different answers at the least !
(No offense to LEOs , so don't say I'm bashin' ......)

Stow the firepower in a locked trunk inside vehicle bolted to floor, and mount it to the gimble if you need it, or if you're out cruising the woods. No reason to intimidate passers-by without good reason (you could always use a dummy gun for that, M2's are relatively inexpensive). This way you don't have to worry about "accidentally" breaking the law (there are so awful many).

Option B is to contact YOUR local Sheriffs Department and inquire about this subject with the folks that would be doing the stopping. I cannot imagine it being "illegal" per-se, but it may in fact draw the WRONG kind of attention, both from police and civilians.

It would not be illegal in GA with proper Federal paperwork but probablly not smart in that you would have to worry about someone trying to steal it while in the store. Also someone may follow you home to try and steal it or break in to see what else you have. Lastly weapons exposed to the weather, road grim,and rain, require a lot of maintenance. Other than just looking cool, I do not believe it would be worth the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom