• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ventura is still a POS and so is this judge!

The judge's opinion holds water. It is a ****ty, absurd complaint, but it cannot be dismissed based on the death of the author.

I am not saying the allegations are true but they must be heard in court. If I sue you for writing a book mentioning me in a slanderous manner and you die, I still have a complaint against your estate.

Remove the service aspect and details from the story then form an opinion.

The judge's opinion holds water. It is a ****ty, absurd complaint, but it cannot be dismissed based on the death of the author.

I am not saying the allegations are true but they must be heard in court. If I sue you for writing a book mentioning me in a slanderous manner and you die, I still have a complaint against your estate.

Remove the service aspect and details from the story then form an opinion.
I agree that the judge was doing his job, and he did follow established law, but Ventura is still garbage.

This. He wasn't a SEAL, He was UDT, and from what I read, didn't deploy.

This is a fact, he only gets to call himself a SEAL because UDT was reclassified SEALS years later but he NEVER had the same training as a real Navy SEAL and he never saw combat.

From wikipedia:
Bill Salisbury, an attorney in San Diego and a former Navy SEAL officer, accused Ventura of "pretending" to be a SEAL and wrote that Ventura would be blurring an important distinction by claiming to be a SEAL when he was actually a frogman with the UDT. Compared to SEAL Teams, UDTs saw less combat and took fewer casualties. Although Ventura underwent UDT training, he never attempted the additional 26 week SEAL Qualification Training. In 1983, eight years after Ventura left the Navy, the UDT's were disbanded and those operators were retrained and retasked as SEALs. [13][109][110] Responding to the controversy, Governor Ventura's office confirmed that Ventura was a member of the UDTs. His spokesman stated that Ventura has never tried to convince people otherwise.[13] Ventura stated: "Today we refer to all of us as SEALs; that's all it is," and dismissed the accusations of lying about being a SEAL as "much ado about nothing."[110]

WIKI can't be trusted, I can write a page in there and say whatever I want, that doesn't make it fact. UDT were bad asses, the spec ops of the NAVY for their time.

This is a fact, he only gets to call himself a SEAL because UDT was reclassified SEALS years later but he NEVER had the same training as a real Navy SEAL and he never saw combat.

From wikipedia:
Bill Salisbury, an attorney in San Diego and a former Navy SEAL officer, accused Ventura of "pretending" to be a SEAL and wrote that Ventura would be blurring an important distinction by claiming to be a SEAL when he was actually a frogman with the UDT. Compared to SEAL Teams, UDTs saw less combat and took fewer casualties. Although Ventura underwent UDT training, he never attempted the additional 26 week SEAL Qualification Training. In 1983, eight years after Ventura left the Navy, the UDT's were disbanded and those operators were retrained and retasked as SEALs. [13][109][110] Responding to the controversy, Governor Ventura's office confirmed that Ventura was a member of the UDTs. His spokesman stated that Ventura has never tried to convince people otherwise.[13] Ventura stated: "Today we refer to all of us as SEALs; that's all it is," and dismissed the accusations of lying about being a SEAL as "much ado about nothing."[110]

A REAL SEAL as in todays SEAL or the Vietnam era SEALs ? That's like saying the OSS weren't special operations.

Back
Top Bottom