• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veterans receive letter from VA prohibiting purchase and ownership of firearms

This is a PDF of the letter from the Redflag site:
http://static.squarespace.com/static/4f34530ecb12e336a9dfe29c/t/5127fe2ae4b0706f4bc5fa50/1361575466089/VA-letter%20Copy%20by%20RedFlag%20News.pdf#page=1&zoom=auto,0,1564

Make of it what you will, but there are names of people from the Portland, OR VA that could be contacted to ask for validity, or they could cite patient confidentiality.

I myself would like to see one of these letters in the flesh. If they are out there it would appear that this agency has overstepped its boundaries.

I will scan it in and post it, I will blur out my VA number and address and keep my name on it to prove it is me, you can check the name with the account name on this site to make a close enough match.
Sorry.......with ALL DUE RESPECT........show the letter.....prove it is legit to you.....I will openly apologize!!!......sorry....BS!!!

Here you go, Remember I told the doctor that my wife pays the bills because I am a buyer for the DOD, and my wife is a stay at home mom, and she has all day to pay the bills. I never told him I am not able to pay my bills,
Bs.......bs.......bs........bs........bs.......bs.........bs..........bs........bs..........bs.........bs.......bs.......bs.......bs........bs........bs......bs.........bs.......bs.......bs...........bs..........bs!!!!!!

Attachments

• DOC[1].pdf
    478.4 KB · Views: 156
Why is it so hard for people to grasp an idea that those in power do not care about them? our Vets (My brothers and SIsters) died to protect this country and yet they return to find their god given rights in question? Our youth is so preoccupied with "Stuff" and "Success" when did success turn from raising a contributer to society to how much stuff you have in your home?

**** that noise....I was trained by you and know your limits and capabilities, if you want my stuff come get my stuff.

Here you go, Remember I told the doctor that my wife pays the bills because I am a buyer for the DOD, and my wife is a stay at home mom, and she has all day to pay the bills. I never told him I am not able to pay my bills,

I'm speechless right now!
All this time I was seriously hoping these letters were a hoax, but I just knew one would be produced.
Now, how to address this outrage? It's not as if we can trust our politicians, yet what other avenues are there to pressure?
So sorry you have endure this Robert, it is amazing that if they find you are so incapacitated there is not one mention of medical care for you, rather the bulk of the letter addresses guns and threats of prosecution to you.
Systemized disarmament!

Well finally I see some real person and not an internet legend.......this is NOT the way to treat current/former military. Our government should spend more time honoring vets in everyday actions instead of spewing platitudes while screwing them behind closed doors.

Thank you everyone, I have been telling people for the longest this is happening, people are getting these letters for having headaches to depression. Run from the VA if you can, I had my provider ask me today, why do you want guns. I told her "that is none of your damn business why other than the fact it is my second amendment right" I have been through two other exams and all of them said I am competent and able to handle my money, and the worst thing about all of this is I have a security clearance that is in jeopardy, and since my wife is here on a vise that too can or may be an issue since i am her financial provider.

The issue is the doctor reported what he wanted, and not what was stated. And the fact that I do have a slight case of memory loss is because I hit my hear while training and it caused me to break my neck and my back in two places, And the only memory loss I have is of the accident and the events a couple days leading up to the accident. so my current memory is intact. And as for the letter being from 2012, that just shows that they are going back into peoples files looking for things to ban them for. Do you think this is a current thing they are doing. They have been working on taking the guns away from people for years, just now they think they have the ammo to do it.

Back
Top Bottom