• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vietnam Shotgun Fun..

In last ten years I've lost a lot of friends to that damn war! Spent 4 months watching my best friend die from that he'll hole! Last two months he couldn't get out of bed and was in rehab center! He passed away 3 years ago coming may! Me and my wife listen to a message I have recorded from him about once a month. Gone but not forgotten Paul Edward (Muleshoe ) Kuzman

Ok ok the wording is wrong. I know Vietnam was complete hell! I meant no disrespect to anyone that served in the horrific conflict or any for that matter. I have all the respect in the world for those who serve our great nation.

However, I did find it interesting that soldiers were smoking marijuana from an actual shotgun barrel. I'm sure it was used as an escape from the horrific conditions the men faced.

I do apologize. please accept my sincere apology!

In last ten years I've lost a lot of friends to that damn war! Spent 4 months watching my best friend die from that he'll hole! Last two months he couldn't get out of bed and was in rehab center! He passed away 3 years ago coming may! Me and my wife listen to a message I have recorded from him about once a month. Gone but not forgotten Paul Edward (Muleshoe ) Kuzman
The agent Orange has taken a toll, that and the sub standard VA care. I've lost several good friends the last couple of years, I can't believe I've been spared, but old age is slowly creeping up behind me and I can't run any faster anymore:becky:

Ok ok the wording is wrong. I know Vietnam was complete hell! I meant no disrespect to anyone that served in the horrific conflict or any for that matter. I have all the respect in the world for those who serve our great nation.

However, I did find it interesting that soldiers were smoking marijuana from an actual shotgun barrel. I'm sure it was used as an escape from the horrific conditions the men faced.

Good of you to step up!! Somethings just need to stay forgotten..That's how it works for me.

It's still an open wound Eric, even after 50 or so years to many, there were good time, but just too many bad times, even after 70 years the old timers who served in Europe & the Pacific still have nightmares, I know you meant no harm :becky:

The agent Orange has taken a toll, that and the sub standard VA care. I've lost several good friends the last couple of years, I can't believe I've been spared, but old age is slowly creeping up behind me and I can't run any faster anymore:becky:
Went to visit a neighbor in Atlanta's VA a few months back. He has all sorts of issues courtesy of Agent Orange and a heart that by all accounts should have stopped permanently long ago (it has stopped temporarily several times!). It was my first trip into that facility. I was disgusted on several fronts. And I've heard it's far from the worst. :tsk:

Went to visit a neighbor in Atlanta's VA a few months back. He has all sorts of issues courtesy of Agent Orange and a heart that by all accounts should have stopped permanently long ago (it has stopped temporarily several times!). It was my first trip into that facility. I was disgusted on several fronts. And I've heard it's far from the worst. :tsk:
How did you like the fruit Stand, the Cheap Jewry, hats, perfumes and Flat screen TV Vendors in there LOL They have called security on me twice there because I told them to have some respect for the Veterans. I'm on choice care now, hopefully I won't have to return to that dump :becky:

How did you like the fruit Stand, the Cheap Jewry, hats, perfumes and Flat screen TV Vendors in there LOL They have called security on me twice there because I told them to have some respect for the Veterans. I'm on choice care now, hopefully I won't have to return to that dump :becky:
I actually didn't see any of that when I went but perhaps I was just blinded by the stinging in my eyes from the smell of urine everywhere.
You are insulting dumps everywhere by labeling it such.
It was genuinely depressing. I am shocked but very thankful he ever made it out of that place alive. I won't even go into them "mis programming" his pace maker that they installed so that it shocked him and his barely functioning heart randomly for no apparent reason.

Hmmm, let me see, I put two different Medics on dust offs, which left me as Platoon Sgt to take over as Medic also, then I lost three men to a Booby trap a couple of days later, one lost half his head, then as we were attacking a wood line, a guy from another Company took a direct hit from a mortor round and disintergrated and splatter me with blood, body parts and brain tissue. Then we did an all night cross jungle march thru the Delta swamps to support another Company caught in an ambush which killed about twenty or so and I used my poncho to wrap one of the bodies, because we didn't have any body bags, then on the night of Feb 20th 1968 after surviving most of the TET got hit by two Companies of NVA and took two bullet wounds and as I was still standing Commanding my Platoon took a direct hit from a 122mm Rocket round which almost blew my left leg & Arm off and sent me to Walter Reed for almost a Year. Yep, it was fun & Games, would I go back?, Hmmmmm yep, I guess I would, you're never more alive than on the Day you might die. That and I miss all them crazy Grunts who would share their last can of C Rats with you :hungry:
My hats of to you and all the others who've served. [Broken External Image]:

Back
Top Bottom