Virginia’s Attorney General Unilaterally Nukes Concealed Carry Reciprocity

mountainpass

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
Just a note: VA does not have reciprocity with GA, but VA is a gold star open carry state.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/428897/virginia-attorney-general-right-carry-denied

The Washington Post reports: Attorney General Mark R. Herring (D) plans to announce Tuesday that Virginia will no longer recognize concealed carry handgun permits from 25 states that have reciprocity agreements with the commonwealth.

From what I can tell, this maneuver is legal. Under present law, the state legislature has empowered the attorney general to decide with which states Virginia has reciprocity deals, and the attorney general has taken advantage of that power. If, as seems possible, the legislature disapproves of the AG’s choices, it will have to change the law.

http://www.pagunblog.com/2015/12/22/the-first-shoe-drops-virginia-reciprocity/

We know that yesterday Administration officials told us they were coordinating with state officials to see how many ways gun owners could be screwed over. Well, the first shoe to drop seems to be by shredding most of Virginia’s reciprocity agreements, including with Pennsylvania. After the Democratic Attorney General Mark Herring closes open season on Virginia’s gun owners, the only states left with reciprocity will be West Virginia, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah.
I would note that Virginia code is pretty specific about what makes states eligible for reciprocity, and provides that the Attorney General and State Police shall enter into agreements. It provides no mechanism by which agreements can be withdrawn from once agreed upon. To me that leaves the door open for a lawsuit.

http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/in...ginia-citizens-to-legally-carry-in-our-state/

To: Pam Bondi, Florida Attorney General. Subject: Allow Virginia Citizens to Legally Carry in our State.

I thought the days of putting up signs saying “We don’t allow your kind here.” in our nation were long gone, but apparently they have been brought back to life by some petty elected officials. It is our duty to show that we will refuse to play that game by responding in kind.

Let’s embarrass the hell out of Virginia’s Attorney General Mark R. Herring and even Governor Terry McAuliffe.

I have a SC permit and a Utah non-resident permit.

To get my SC permit, I had to submit fingerprints for a bgc, take a class, pass a written test, and shoot a minimum qualifying score at the range.
To get my UT permit, I had to submit fingerprints for bgc, and take a class.

My SC permit will no longer be valid in VA but my UT non res will. Seems legit.

On a related note, I haven't been armed in VA since I attended DEA DUCA in 2000. No plans to go back.

I doubt these blind fools could find one case involving an out of state ccw holder to base this stupidity on.

Back
Top Bottom