• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vista Outdoors (Savage) to stop gun mfg

Damn. That’s a long list of brands. I really love Federal ammunition, CCI too. The rest of the brands are cheap crap I don’t buy anyhow but those two will be tough, especially federal. Going to switch to Remington and Winchester as much as I can.

The murder rate in London is higher than New York. In London its all knives and sharp kitchen implements. They removed all the firearms decades ago.
I read something on that one time and it said the murder rate in London is even higher that stated. If they don't solve the case then it's not counted as a murder. So the murder rate is rather skewed. It's really a big percent bigger because of the way they count there gun related murders. English people, you gotta love em but the have some strange ways.

I would expect the quality of ammo to increase if they are just going to focus on ammo. I have always stuck with Federal, American Eagle and Lake City. Basically all Federal companies. However, expecting and receiving is two different animals.

I hope whoever buys Savage is a quality outfit. They've really done well producing quality budget firearms in the past few years. My cheap Savage Axis is accurate as hell for a budget bolt action hunting rifle. And at a few hundred dollars you dont have to worry about treating it like a safe queen. Really like the CCI ammo as well. Hope they dont cave on the ammo front. This is getting ridiculous. We really need to do a better job winning in the court of public opinion to take some of the wind from the anti gun movements sails.

I hope whoever buys Savage is a quality outfit. They've really done well producing quality budget firearms in the past few years. My cheap Savage Axis is accurate as hell for a budget bolt action hunting rifle. And at a few hundred dollars you dont have to worry about treating it like a safe queen. Really like the CCI ammo as well. Hope they dont cave on the ammo front. This is getting ridiculous. We really need to do a better job winning in the court of public opinion to take some of the wind from the anti gun movements sails.
I second that motion. Let's not have a repeat of Bushmaster and Marlin.

Unfortunately for (we) the gun community the liberals have did there homework on winning the gun control battle. Instead of coming after the small guy (us) they've went straight to the source, the manufacturer. With the manufacturer's only defence is in the courtroom, it gets very costly something our forefathers didn't see happening, and the common guy whom this battle really effects. I don't have the answers, but at least we know the next move that will take place, not only do we need to support the gun manufacturer , but we need to get the appropriate congressmen in office to fight the battles without one shot being fired.

Unfortunately for (we) the gun community the liberals have did there homework on winning the gun control battle. Instead of coming after the small guy (us) they've went straight to the source, the manufacturer. With the manufacturer's only defence is in the courtroom, it gets very costly something our forefathers didn't see happening, and the common guy whom this battle really effects. I don't have the answers, but at least we know the next move that will take place, not only do we need to support the gun manufacturer , but we need to get the appropriate congressmen in office to fight the battles without one shot being fired.

Nice sentiment about getting the right congressman in place but expecting gov to be effective help turns into more of a pipedream everyday. Even with the "right" politicians. I still try and hope but my faith and expectations have been shattered.

Back
Top Bottom