• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walking dead question.

after all the time has passed I'd assume most firearms and ammo were first gathered by the military and then the military broke up sue to the incompetence of the walking dead series horrible military leaders (its a movie and the military loses obviously for plot). The survivors likely gathered the weapons back and took them to their own respective groups and communities. the military planes, jets and tanks don't last forever

the one guy who drove a tank in the waling dead seemed to be a runaway from the military that lost most discipline and his marbles to an extent.

in the game "the last of us" the military only some controls the major cities/highways and scavenges the suburbs for supplies sometimes but their are smaller groups of hostile survivors friendly and hostile that moved into the mountains and harder to reach places. All the shtf shows have the military control the big cities and show they can't control the wilderness very well

So.... I am going to sound like I am a fanatic- which I am not - but do watch and enjoy the show and pay attention to some details.
They are only in about 2 years, in the storyline. They are not in Georgia anymore - they are in Virginia, outside of DC. The military packed up and moved out and took supplies with them. The place they are at (Alexandria) had a bunch of weapons and so did Rick's group... but Negan took them and keeps taking them from groups they overtake / make serfs out of. Think back to when Rick's group took out Negans outpost - major weaponry was taken. I think the premise is supplies were all snatched up, in the beginning and either hidden in stock piles, used up, or ruined. Gun cachets are there... and they do pop up, but again, they are not in Georgia anymore... still shooting the show here, but not in the storyline.
As far as the 10/22 comment, walkers are not the real problem anymore...people are. And that, in any apocalyptic situation, will always be the greatest danger. Final note - don't think the writers are all that liberal. There was a pointed message when Negan was able to track the Alexandrians guns, with the inventory list they had created. Very big smack to the face of registration and how it can bite ya in the butt.
Like others said, you have to just let it go, and enjoy... it is fantasy and I like seeing if I can spot the locations that are shot around Senoia and mid Ga.
The gun registration thing was a stupid move on Alexandrias part for sure.

Why in the hell would you have a notebook with a detailed list of all the guns and ammo in the whole town?! STUPID!!!

And why were they all locked up in one location? Everybody should've had at least one in their house loaded and ready to rock at all times.

The gun registration thing was a stupid move on Alexandrias part for sure.

Why in the hell would you have a notebook with a detailed list of all the guns and ammo in the whole town?! STUPID!!!

And why were they all locked up in one location? Everybody should've had at least one in their house loaded and ready to rock at all times.

the Alexandrian like most leadership had many that probably feared their own peoples betrayal thus the list of firearms existed

So Carl has grown 2 feet in 2 years?
Unless they change the character every year, there is nothing they can do about that boy growing.

But look at the baby. It started, Lori was pregnant, had the baby and died, and the baby is still not walking.

So yeah, the story line is only about two years in.

Unless they change the character every year, there is nothing they can do about that boy growing.

But look at the baby. It started, Lori was pregnant, had the baby and died, and the baby is still not walking.

So yeah, the story line is only about two years in.
The baby died? Maybe that has something to do with it not walking.
:boink:

Ooops, never mind. It is called the walking dead.

Back
Top Bottom