• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

wanted some advice from you guys

"husband came home from deployment". The military has financial counselors to help them. If he has a security clearance he better be careful because he could lose it and then lose his job. The military will kick you out of the service for being in debt. Going to the Army Relief might help however it might also open a can of worms for this guy. The relief agency may contact his command about his debt. The Command may choose to discharge him for it. Just make them aware of it and go from there. It never made any sense to me why the military would take a guy in a bad financial situation and make it worse by bascically firing him so he has no benefits and no pay check. They do it though!

Last edited:
If you can afford it, give it as a gift. If they are Army, point them towards Army Emergency Relief, Operation Home Front (helps all branches), Army Community Service, as well. If not, each service has similar offices. They can help out in situations like these. Best of luck

X2....

So my wife has this friend at work who's husband came home from deployment on the first of December. Not really close friends but friends. Anyway, while he was gone she's been struggling to make it, bills, rent etc.
No real advice other than to say stuff like that just whizzes me off, on principle, to no end. :mad:
Good on you for trying to help in any way you can. :yo:

if the lord put it on your heart and you can afford, help them. just don't expect it back. it will come back to you tho. god bless.

Update: I looked into my heart...i prayed about it......and just came home from their house $2000 poored ($1000 from my toy fund...$1000 from my savings account...wife ordered me to lol) however I've given the info that members gave me and I gave them a cell phone from net 10(I guess) with about 750 minutes on it to take care of things. I gifted the money to them and pleaded for them to not tell me they will pay it back and to please take care of themselves instead of paying me back. I took Daniel aside in told him that I cant do anything else to help cause doing so would be taking from my own kids and wife. they were very thankful and even had a few tears...I had a few as well..(I ain't afraid to admit it lol) but in the end I did what I think is right. They will use this money to move into a smaller, cheaper apartment that my wife found for them on craigslist. So that's about it....

On a side note if you have a glock 21, a 1911, and a glock 19....hold them for me for a few months, ill

Update: I looked into my heart...i prayed about it......and just came home from their house $2000 poored ($1000 from my toy fund...$1000 from my savings account...wife ordered me to lol) however I've given the info that members gave me and I gave them a cell phone from net 10(I guess) with about 750 minutes on it to take care of things. I gifted the money to them and pleaded for them to not tell me they will pay it back and to please take care of themselves instead of paying me back. I took Daniel aside in told him that I cant do anything else to help cause doing so would be taking from my own kids and wife. they were very thankful and even had a few tears...I had a few as well..(I ain't afraid to admit it lol) but in the end I did what I think is right. They will use this money to move into a smaller, cheaper apartment that my wife found for them on craigslist. So that's about it....

On a side note if you have a glock 21, a 1911, and a glock 19....hold them for me for a few months, ill
Good on you. I hope they ARE in a position to pay you back sooner than later for their sake.

Back
Top Bottom