• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

wanted some advice from you guys

How did they get that far behind ? You would not think he was spending much while overseas . Are they trying to live above their means ,she a shopaholic ? I understand wanting to help ,but what caused this ?

[Q=jdh4376;3005432]How did they get that far behind ? You would not think he was spending much while overseas . Are they trying to live above their means ,she a shopaholic ? I understand wanting to help ,but what caused this ?[/QUOTE]

I dont know, there rent is a good bit higher than I would be comfortable with...I didn't see much that looked like it cost a load of money. As far as shopping goes I have no idea. I hope not. But I've been in the same place, car payments too high, house payment WAY to high, on top of my other bills, there isn't much to spare.

What's pay for an E8? 32k, maybe? including "benefits"?
Not a lotta money these days.

E5 makes 32K with 6 years in according to the pay chart and that does not count BAH the people are having an issue living within their means. They need to take advantage of the financial counseling the military offers their members. I agree with you 32K may not be a lot of money these days but many people are living on less. The OP was very generous for reaching out like he did but I feel like he was being taking advantage of. What that soldier needs to do is take away the wifes bank and credit cards

yeah, many people are living on less, but they are generally ON the dole too. No reason a man who has served his country should EVER have to be on government assistance. We piss away trillions of dollars annually on NOTHING, NO tangible return, yet our vets need "financial counseling"? This government doesn't CARE about soldiers...it hasn't CARED about soldiers since WW2. Government merely uses them, pays them about what a migrant worker earns, and discards them.

Man should be living a comfy middle class lifestyle, not getting evicted.

yeah, many people are living on less, but they are generally ON the dole too. No reason a man who has served his country should EVER have to be on government assistance. We piss away trillions of dollars annually on NOTHING, NO tangible return, yet our vets need "financial counseling"? This government doesn't CARE about soldiers...it hasn't CARED about soldiers since WW2. Government merely uses them, pays them about what a migrant worker earns, and discards them.

Man should be living a comfy middle class lifestyle, not getting evicted.[/QU

Damn! Migrant workers get that much!

GOD HAS ALREADY SPOKEN TO YOUR HEART IF YOU CAN DO IT THEN DO IT MAN. BECAUSE I WOULD DO THE SAME AND IF THE WORLD HAD MORE BIG HEARTED PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND I THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE I SAY DO WHAT YOU FEEL YOUR REWARD WILL COME BACK TRUST ME GOD WILL TRULY BLESS YOU .:amen:
So my wife has this friend at work who's husband came home from deployment on the first of December. Not really close friends but friends. Anyway, while he was gone she's been struggling to make it, bills, rent etc. We have been helping where we can, child care, stuff like that. Well now they are so far behind in their stuff they are getting evicted from their apartment. They moved to Athens to be close to her parents, who moved to Florida so she was here alone. They have a very small amount of money between them. I know there are programs to assist them in this struggle, Brooke ( my wife) has been on the phone and computer all weekend trying to figure some thing out for them. I have a little bit of money saved up to buy some new toys( guns lol) I think I'm going to give them, so they have money to get caught up on their bills, mostly to get them thru until their taxes are in to pay me back. My wife wants me to help get them into another house that's cheaper on them overall and call the money a gift. I don't want to be "greedy" and ask for the money back but I also don't wanna lose $$$.

What would you guys do?

Something is causing them to be broke unless they address that problem it is gonna be an ongoing problem .It does not matter how much someone loans them . People in the service do not make a lot ,but the biggest majority find a way to make it work .Whats the old saying ? ( Give a man a fish you feed him for a day . Teach a man to fish feed him for a lifetime ) They need to figure out what the problem is ,and start fixing it or they gonna be hungry for life .

Back
Top Bottom