• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

wanted some advice from you guys

So my wife has this friend at work who's husband came home from deployment on the first of December. Not really close friends but friends. Anyway, while he was gone she's been struggling to make it, bills, rent etc. We have been helping where we can, child care, stuff like that. Well now they are so far behind in their stuff they are getting evicted from their apartment. They moved to Athens to be close to her parents, who moved to Florida so she was here alone. They have a very small amount of money between them. I know there are programs to assist them in this struggle, Brooke ( my wife) has been on the phone and computer all weekend trying to figure some thing out for them. I have a little bit of money saved up to buy some new toys( guns lol) I think I'm going to give them, so they have money to get caught up on their bills, mostly to get them thru until their taxes are in to pay me back. My wife wants me to help get them into another house that's cheaper on them overall and call the money a gift. I don't want to be "greedy" and ask for the money back but I also don't wanna lose $$$.

What would you guys do?

He is military whats his pay grade and he doesn't get BAH.

Update: I looked into my heart...i prayed about it......and just came home from their house $2000 poored ($1000 from my toy fund...$1000 from my savings account...wife ordered me to lol) however I've given the info that members gave me and I gave them a cell phone from net 10(I guess) with about 750 minutes on it to take care of things. I gifted the money to them and pleaded for them to not tell me they will pay it back and to please take care of themselves instead of paying me back. I took Daniel aside in told him that I cant do anything else to help cause doing so would be taking from my own kids and wife. they were very thankful and even had a few tears...I had a few as well..(I ain't afraid to admit it lol) but in the end I did what I think is right. They will use this money to move into a smaller, cheaper apartment that my wife found for them on craigslist. So that's about it....

On a side note if you have a glock 21, a 1911, and a glock 19....hold them for me for a few months, ill

You and your wife are good people. I pray that it will be returned to you tenfold. Blessings on you and yours brother.

by loaning the money at no inter4st you are giving them money

that money you lend out doesnt do you any good while its not in your hand

they should be lucky with the loan. maybe later if they are still having trouble you can get one or both of them to "work for you" to help get it paid back

Man serves his country, getting shot at and having bombs go off around him- and his wife is back home barely eating, kids aren't getting what they need, and when he gets home, he's addled with debt and cannot find work.

It's sickening.

We treat crackwhores better than our veterans.

Man serves his country, getting shot at and having bombs go off around him- and his wife is back home barely eating, kids aren't getting what they need, and when he gets home, he's addled with debt and cannot find work.

It's sickening.

We treat crackwhores better than our veterans.
true

Back
Top Bottom