• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Warped wheel fixing

When you work in an industry like that, collision, aircraft maintenance, whatever--you see things that the everyday public aren't privy to. You definitely form opinions after getting over the initial shock!

Something I just thought about. What about straightening a frame? Is there a way to guarantee there are no micro fissures? Vehicles have alloy structures in some places now, it's not always steel but steel can be prone to cracking also. I realize it's not rotating mass like a wheel is...

@RallySport what's your take?

Steel structure can be can be straightened depending on the severity of the damaged, the type of steel used, and what the manufacture says. Aluminum frames are not repaired they are replaced usually in sections determined by the manufacturer.

IMG_3628.jpeg

Oh just balance it real good and drive it. This is one I did for customer.

2x on keystone. They probably have replacements ready to go in-stock.
It has also been a while for me. Hopefully they are still around.

Anybody got somebody good to recommend to fix a bend on the inner rim of a car wheel? We hit a pothole a while back in my wife’s E400 and knew we warped the front wheel and someone fixed it enough so it doesn’t leak but not perfectly. Just discovered the back wheel is also bent and hoping y’all can point me in a good direction for someone in Marietta or kennesaw. Thanks in advance

A new wheel.
Kennesaw tire is pretty good about setting you in the right direction. The're honest and Id take their advice on most issues ( though probably try to do it myself because Im poor and cheap).

Back
Top Bottom