• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Was just offered $200 on a sale price of $425

I don't take these personally at all, just amazed as how some people have the balls to offer less than half asking price for a Smith, when they are asking 40% more than market value in their for sale ad for a Taurus!

Allow me to play the Devil's Advocate.

Sellers can ask twice the value for their POS gun - $100 more than retail for new, $200 more than Bud's, and all the crowd says "it's his gun, he can sell it any way he want to, it's the American Way."

Same rule for buyers. It's their money. They can offer as much or as little of it as they choose.

I don't understand how people can coat a gun with glorified spray paint, and jack the price because it's "custom."

But that's the inherent nature of an open market.

I was trying to make an offer via PM here once. While doing that a friend of mine starts e mailing me instead of texting. WTH? And I'm trying to go back and forth finishing my offer and switching back to answer my friend's questions. I inadvertently offered half what the guy was asking. You know he had to be whizzed.

When I didn't hear back, I reread my offer and then PMed him to apologize. Never got a reply back. He probably looked that offer and said this guy is a real penis (I'd bet the term was a bit stronger.) He, most likely never read my apology.

Back
Top Bottom