• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

We need a sticky/tutorial on the difference in SELL and SALE.

Mark IV

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
90   0
Reaction score
I mean, WTF people ??? I'm not normally a big spelling/grammar nazi, I don't have it down 100% my own damned self, but this one is beyond ridiculous !!!
I don't think in my entire life I'd heard anyone use these words interchangeably, but in the few years I've been hanging out on classified sites, I'm amazed at how frequently it occurs.
Has our literacy rate and education level really crumbled to the point that this volume of people seriously think that, "I have a gun I want to sale", or, "I have a pistol for sell", makes any sense?
I don't know why I find this so irksome, but I do (and from what I've read, I ain't the only one).
I think we need a brief tutorial right at the top of the forum rules to 'splain these illliterate morons the difference in SELL and SALE.
That is all. :becky:

I mean, WTF people ??? I'm not normally a big spelling/grammar nazi, I don't have it down 100% my own damned self, but this one is beyond ridiculous !!!
I don't think in my entire life I'd heard anyone use these words interchangeably, but in the few years I've been hanging out on classified sites, I'm amazed at how frequently it occurs.
Has our literacy rate and education level really crumbled to the point that this volume of people seriously think that, "I have a gun I want to sale", or, "I have a pistol for sell", makes any sense?
I don't know why I find this so irksome, but I do (and from what I've read, I ain't the only one).
I think we need a brief tutorial right at the top of the forum rules to 'splain these illliterate morons the difference in SELL and SALE.
That is all. :becky:

It's an inside joke and I'm guessing you're on the outside.
Get with the program! :becky:

Back
Top Bottom