• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s the absolute best 1” hunting scope (no price limit)

You are stepping over dollars to pickup dimes by not moving to a 30mm tube. Light transmission is out of this world different, especially in low light.
I'm gonna piggy back on this post. I am no expert by any means, but I have also heard that the lenses WITHIN the scope play an even bigger role than, let's say, objective size. If you are running a 1" tube with good glass it's light transmission is still limited by smaller internal lenses despite objective size. If this is true, the 30mm tube will allow for larger internal lenses to transmit more light to your eye. Couple that larger tube with good glass and you are far better off than the 1" you are accustomed to.

Vortex 3-12x56….the best $300 I’ve ever spent. Left me some money in my pocket too.
Have you cross referenced the times for legal shooting light to see if it’s only difficult to see when it’s before or after legal shooting light?

I’m tired of not being able to see deer as well as I’d like the last 10 minutes of the day. Been running a VX-3HD 3.5-10x40 for a couple of years now and while it’s not bad, I want the best. Problem is 1” tubes are getting harder to find and I really prefer to not go 30mm on a light hunting rifle.

So, what’s the best 1” scope money can buy, namely in low light. I’m eyeing the Swarovski Z5. 2.4-12x50.
The Swarovski is going to be right up there. Better glass, better lens coatings and the 50mm objective should get you everything you are wanting.

Back
Top Bottom