• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s the worst accidental discharge you have seen!

Jamescg

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
President of the neckbeard club
96   0
Reaction score
Years ago I was working at new car dealer in north Fulton, it was Friday about 6:30 pm I just parked my last car of the day and I heard a loud bang! The car down the isle 10 feet from me rocked, I looked over and a police office was standing there with his ar15, he was swapping his stuff from one car to another and had is finger on the trigger. The round was a ss109 It hit the ground and shattered, the steel core bounced and went through the hood and ended up being stopped by the wiper motor. He had to call it in, when the lieutenant showed up the first thing he said was not again sarge, I had to change my under wear before I went home, let’s here your story.

Shooting at the range, trying out a new pistol of a buddy’s. Slide locked back, I assumed it was empty, handed it back to him. He drops the slide, points it at the ground expecting a click. BOOM. Turns out it had an FTF on the last round and dropping the slide sent it home. Both our fault for not paying closer attention but taught us a lesson for sure.

And if we’re including hunting accidents, I’ve seen/heard some crazy stuff.

Don’t have pictures but was near a ND that went through the top of the persons foot and expanded in the sole of his shoe on a concrete floor.
The guy appeared to do everything right from where I was standing about 10 feet away and the round went through his holster as he was holstering a loaded pistol. I Did minor first aid, until a doctor took over, he did not need much. I just took his shoe and sock off and found almost no bleeding I think about that hot room with the smell of blood and sweat almost every time I holster a pistol. After that I always lean my hip out to the side so hopefully the round will miss my leg and foot if I ever ND when holstering .
That was just a minor gunshot to the foot of someone else. I like to think I am not a sissy but that left a lasting memory.

Back
Top Bottom