• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What a stroke of bad luck lately here on the ODT- What is with people today?

The people I have met seem to be solid people. Now on the other hand trying to work out some deals/details for the mass majority of people is difficult. It's called the outdoor trader, but it seems hard to find trades as one might think. I think I'll have to put in my all my PM's all offers expire after 12 hours. What if you offer item A for a traders item B. 6 months go by and then they accept? It' seems the majority of people don't even PM you back if they don't like your offer or for 100 other reasons that you will ever know.

Wow, I feel bad for you. To me Feed-Back is everything. I have not had a bad buy yet on ODT, all the people I met were outstanding.
Agreed, I have met some great people doing deals. I have not done a lot of deals but met great folks just the same. The process of making a deal and showing up is the hard part. Some want to cancel at the last minute. I won't leave the house until I have verified it in PM's and TALKING on the phone before I walk out the door.

They're just waiting to see how other members bid.
giphy (2).gif

Agree that some of the newbies are jerks ! BUT ! On the other hand three years ago I set a deal with a guy for a Sig 551 He agreed , we set up a place , and he ghosted . A week later it’s relisted for I think it was $200 more . This is a guy who was very active here , had multiple machine guns , had to sell a bunch off awhile back . Enough hints ! The guy was a liar !!!

I have met great people on here..
And its not always about Feedback scores, i have traded w several members who mentioned they didn't need/want feedback ( we agreed to skip it )

All the people I have met have been good to deal with except 1 guy.

We agreed to a meet location..
I arrived and he sends me a message he is in the bathroom waiting to meet?
Then when I said I would just wait until he finished in the bathroom?
He instructed he wanted meet in the bathroom and to pass the gun/money under the stall?
Then he would leave and I could follow in 5minutes..

Weird...and yes, he is still a member here..

I have met great people on here..
And its not always about Feedback scores, i have traded w several members who mentioned they didn't need/want feedback ( we agreed to skip it )

All the people I have met have been good to deal with except 1 guy.

We agreed to a meet location..
I arrived and he sends me a message he is in the bathroom waiting to meet?
Then when I said I would just wait until he finished in the bathroom?
He instructed he wanted meet in the bathroom and to pass the gun/money under the stall?
Then he would leave and I could follow in 5minutes..

Weird...and yes, he is still a member here..

No way I would make that deal. I would have to just go home. I like dealing with people, not idiots.

Back
Top Bottom