• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What a stroke of bad luck lately here on the ODT- What is with people today?

I had a deal set up the other day for a trade and dude calls me 20 minutes after our meet time saying he was an hour south of where we were supposed to doing another deal. Going back to only dealing with established members.

Some of them are just as bad. I tried the feedback thing, it's hit or miss.

When I did my first deal on here @Bagman actually messaged the guy to tell him I wasn't wasting his time. Its hard who to trust and not trust

And then when you did the deal for me and told the guy what you were doing it for we laughed. He didn’t. I got my stuff and I still owe you one.

I have had a string of bad luck dealing with people here lately on the ODT, mostly in the Classified section. And, all have happened in the past 2 months:

1- Sold a revolver to someone that broke it by attempting to clean it, by taking it completely apart. I did not know the extent of the damage, so in good faith I refunded the money. Upon further inspection, the buyer (ex-buyer) had no idea what he was doing or talking about. The revolver required obsolete parts to be purchased and a qualified Gunsmith to repair.

2- I committed to buying a gun from a newbie, only to go "ghost" on me and disappear. Crickets from the seller. Then he relists for same price, I PM him with a "What's Up", then he reconfirms selling to me. Crickets....and...nothing ever heard of again.

3- Another newbie inquires about a gun I have. I send more pics, he makes an offer via PM, I accept....and crickets......

4- I do a trade plus cash for a Smith 624 revolver from a "Smith collector". He tells me he has two 624s, so he doesn't need one of them. The one he sold me has a recalled serial number for a metallurgy issue. All of the official information on the forums say Smith said bad metal was used on the cylinder, and to send in for some type of credit- meant the 624 goes bye bye if I send in.

5- I commit to buying a Smith 310 only for the seller to lead me on for 5 days, and then I come to find out it is for sale on GB for more money.

All newbies (1-5!) Bad luck indeed. There is seems to be a lack of human decency.

Wow, I feel bad for you. To me Feed-Back is everything. I have not had a bad buy yet on ODT, all the people I met were outstanding.

Had an awesome deal today.. man of his word...I actually have dealt with a guy or two with some negs...stood by they're word...if I make a deal and then realize I dont really want the item,I still do the deal...I try to live by my word,cause basically i ain't got much but i do have my integrity and my word

Back
Top Bottom