• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What a stroke of bad luck lately here on the ODT- What is with people today?

We agreed to a meet location..
I arrived and he sends me a message he is in the bathroom waiting to meet?
Then when I said I would just wait until he finished in the bathroom?
He instructed he wanted meet in the bathroom and to pass the gun/money under the stall?
Then he would leave and I could follow in 5minutes..

Weird...and yes, he is still a member here..
WTF?

I don’t get bothered when someone disables the comments on their add. I have been known to do it myself occasionally. We have all observed when a post gets overrun with comments that have nothing to do with the original post. I myself prefer to correspond by PM and not in open forum. I have just recently ran into a situation where a member has his private message (PM) turned off and that’s a first as I wouldn’t mind asking a few questions about an item he has listed and like I said I don’t like asking in open forum but that’s just me.

I have had a string of bad luck dealing with people here lately on the ODT, mostly in the Classified section. And, all have happened in the past 2 months:

1- Sold a revolver to someone that broke it by attempting to clean it, by taking it completely apart. I did not know the extent of the damage, so in good faith I refunded the money. Upon further inspection, the buyer (ex-buyer) had no idea what he was doing or talking about. The revolver required obsolete parts to be purchased and a qualified Gunsmith to repair.

2- I committed to buying a gun from a newbie, only to go "ghost" on me and disappear. Crickets from the seller. Then he relists for same price, I PM him with a "What's Up", then he reconfirms selling to me. Crickets....and...nothing ever heard of again.

3- Another newbie inquires about a gun I have. I send more pics, he makes an offer via PM, I accept....and crickets......

4- I do a trade plus cash for a Smith 624 revolver from a "Smith collector". He tells me he has two 624s, so he doesn't need one of them. The one he sold me has a recalled serial number for a metallurgy issue. All of the official information on the forums say Smith said bad metal was used on the cylinder, and to send in for some type of credit- meant the 624 goes bye bye if I send in.

5- I commit to buying a Smith 310 only for the seller to lead me on for 5 days, and then I come to find out it is for sale on GB for more money.

All newbies (1-5!) Bad luck indeed. There is seems to be a lack of human decency.

26 yr. old newbie trading the other day - "To be honest you spend too much on your guns",
He must be related to my my wife who said she was leaving me
when I paid $1300 for my full auto Mp5 years ago.

He instructed he wanted meet in the bathroom and to pass the gun/money under the stall?

But..I had to go to the bathroom anyway..so I figured what the heck?
But when I got in the bathroom I sat down in the middle stall and waited?..and waited
People in stalls on each side of me?
Which side was the trader?..i had forgotten my phone so couldn't message him?

I waited for someone to waive money under the stall wall?
no one ever did so finally ......I waived the gun under the stall

And the next thing all broke loose with screaming and cussing and running out the door yelling!

I guess I picked the wrong side?

I have met great people on here..
And its not always about Feedback scores, i have traded w several members who mentioned they didn't need/want feedback ( we agreed to skip it )

All the people I have met have been good to deal with except 1 guy.

lolwut? I really hope this is a joke.

But..I had to go to the bathroom anyway..so I figured what the heck?
But when I got in the bathroom I sat down in the middle stall and waited?..and waited
People in stalls on each side of me?
Whgich side was the trader..i had forgotten my phone so couldn't message him?

I waited for someone to waive money under the stall wall?
no one ever did so finally ......I waived the gun under the stall

And the next thing all broke loose with screaming and cussing and running out the door yelling!

I guess I picked the wrong side?
:doh:

I have met great people on here..
And its not always about Feedback scores, i have traded w several members who mentioned they didn't need/want feedback ( we agreed to skip it )

All the people I have met have been good to deal with except 1 guy.

Seriously?
Inquiring minds want to know if you actually did that.

Seriously?
Inquiring minds want to know if you actually did that.

I could tell you who the trader on here was?..my advice if you ever get a message from him ignore it..

I'm lucky I didn't get arrested..
That poor innocent guy who was just using the bathroom and saw a gun under the stall wall running/screaming out the bathroom with his pants down..Probably called the cops.

i got out of there quick before the cops showed up!!

Back
Top Bottom