• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What ammo do you shoot in your Ruger Precision 308?

Do not pass Go do not collect 200 dollars. Got to gun shop and pick Federal Gold Medal Match either 168 or 175. Better yet get both and see what you gun likes better. I get half MOA with this ammo out of my self built AR10. Don't waste your money if you are testing your gun for all out accuracy. FGMM can't be beat. It's about 29.00 bucks a box but worth it because of all the other crap you will run through your gun looking for the accuracy FGMM will give you. It is the best, most consistent, accurate ammo you can buy over the shelf. Now some guns might not like but that would be a very low percentage and I mean very, very, very, very low.

FGMM is great stuff, as is Black Hills.

The little bit I've been shooting the IMI Razorcore 175grn, I like it better than the FGMM or BH. I've only shot it out of 3 rifles; 2 bolt guns and a gas gun. Shot outstandingly well out of all 3 and the brass is better than the other 2.

Do not pass Go do not collect 200 dollars. Got to gun shop and pick Federal Gold Medal Match either 168 or 175. Better yet get both and see what you gun likes better. I get half MOA with this ammo out of my self built AR10. Don't waste your money if you are testing your gun for all out accuracy. FGMM can't be beat. It's about 29.00 bucks a box but worth it because of all the other crap you will run through your gun looking for the accuracy FGMM will give you. It is the best, most consistent, accurate ammo you can buy over the shelf. Now some guns might not like but that would be a very low percentage and I mean very, very, very, very low.
I have had an issue with 168gr FGMM two primers that didnt bust and one that wouldn't chamber due to it wasn't seated at the correct depth..now thats my bad for not checking it before going to shoot..but maybe thats just me IDK.

I have had an issue with 168gr FGMM two primers that didnt bust and one that wouldn't chamber due to it wasn't seated at the correct depth..now thats my bad for not checking it before going to shoot..but maybe thats just me IDK.

Like everything else, there's some bad stuff out there, but it's rare. I've had bad FGMM rounds as well as bad Black Hills Match. I'll admit that BH was much easier to deal with over the issue.

A week or so ago I picked up a Ruger Precision Gen 2 in 308... What ammo are you guys using or recommend for target and hunting? Not looking for most expensive but I would like quality ammo. I think I want 168 gr to 180 range...

Thanks very much...

Shooting mat was not available but the beach towel was close ... Lol.

Quick question on that Gen 2 RPR. With the new front rail can you add a section up top for night vision?

A week or so ago I picked up a Ruger Precision Gen 2 in 308... What ammo are you guys using or recommend for target and hunting? Not looking for most expensive but I would like quality ammo. I think I want 168 gr to 180 range...

Thanks very much...

Shooting mat was not available but the beach towel was close ... Lol.
I went to a long rang precision shoot last month with my RPR in 308. I had FGM and Hornady AMAX. The AMAX 168 Grain was the most accurate round of the others I tried.. AMAX 168 for the 308 RPR from now on. Went out to 612 yards whic is the max distance and had a few shots in 1 hole..

Back
Top Bottom