• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What ammo do you shoot in your Ruger Precision 308?

I went to a long rang precision shoot last month with my RPR in 308. I had FGM and Hornady AMAX. The AMAX 168 Grain was the most accurate round of the others I tried.. AMAX 168 for the 308 RPR from now on. Went out to 612 yards whic is the max distance and had a few shots in 1 hole..
SST and GMX Superformance shoot very well... I suspect the Amax Super will shoot awesome also... Were you using the AMAX or the AMAX super? Thanks in advance.

MikeyE, the rail works better than expected... I used MOE tab under the rail... The holes lined up perfect and the rail profile was very nice also.

So I can mount my clip on armasight now....

I will probably start another link on this a I could not find anything on it and I was disappointed Ruger could not offer a solution for mounting my NV...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 52
I went to a long rang precision shoot last month with my RPR in 308. I had FGM and Hornady AMAX. The AMAX 168 Grain was the most accurate round of the others I tried.. AMAX 168 for the 308 RPR from now on. Went out to 612 yards whic is the max distance and had a few shots in 1 hole..
I have the exact opposite results with my guns. All my guns don't like Hornady unless I am Hand loading their projectiles. Every gun I have shoots FGMM 10 times better than Hornady. However all guns are different so to say totally disregard all other ammo is a bit of a stretch but usually FGMM is the go to ammo for precision accuracy. I consistently shoot average groups of .395 and around that number all the time with FGMM ammo. That's accuracy I don't even think a hand load can beat. I only reload .223 and 6.8. I am going to get the dies for 308 here shortly so we will see.

MikeyE, the rail works better than expected... I used MOE tab under the rail... The holes lined up perfect and the rail profile was very nice also.

So I can mount my clip on armasight now....

I will probably start another link on this a I could not find anything on it and I was disappointed Ruger could not offer a solution for mounting my NV...

Thanks! That looks like it will work just fine!

More shooting today after work...

TQI still hitting dead center and grouping 1/4 MOA...147 gr FMJ

Hornady SST 165 gr 1 inch high and 1 1/4 left 1/4 MOA group just on a bipod prone no bag... GMX was the same.

Perfecta 147 gr FMJ was 1" left and 1/2 MOA group... Old AMMO???

I have ordered FGMM in 168... I have heard nothing but good things... May try this also in 175 I think it is...

Back
Top Bottom