• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What and how do you carry while you run?

I would say something small... p365, in 9 or 380... maybe a ruger lcp. Fanny pack, or one of those belly bands.
Another idea if you're in the pocket pistol size and weight is a Double Tap. It comes in 45acp or 9mm. I don't think it's made anymore, but you can occasionally find one. It weights the same as a pocket 380, 15oz and is the same size. Or you could go with a air weight S&W. 38 or 357, 11 oz J frame. Model 360

Not a runner. Tier 1 iwb if hiking without a pack. I hear good things about arrowhead tactical for joggers that have a built in inner belt that supposedly stays put with rig while running or anything else

I can’t get down with the fanny packs for running. I don’t knock people that use them, but the bouncing of the pack and how slow the pistol is to deploy drives me nuts. Right now I cinch my shorts down tight with these and they won’t go anywhere.

View attachment 7158432

I’m exploring to see if there’s any better options
I'm impressed. If you can carry that Glock and knife, go for it!!

Subbed for the final solution to your question. I'm sure there will be more bad advice btw...

I agree. Running for exercise with a handgun would suck. Unless OP is doing it in prep for training.

OP if it’s for piece of mind and not quick access, I would recommend running with one of those dual purpose camel backs with the extra pouches on them.

Otherwise, it would really suck and get annoying quick.

I agree. Running for exercise with a handgun would suck. Unless OP is doing it in prep for training.

OP if it’s for piece of mind and not quick access, I would recommend running with one of those dual purpose camel backs with the extra pouches on them.

Otherwise, it would really suck and get annoying quick.
I’ve already been doing it, it’s not terrible. Unfortunately a pistol doesn’t give me much peace of mind if I cant draw it fast. I was just wondering if anyone had a better solution I havent thought of.

My only real complaint is I wish I could get down with off body carry, like a fanny pack. Running with a shirt on during the summer blows.

I can't remember where I saw it, but someone makes an arm holster for your phone with an extra pouch in the back that had a fast release velcro instead of a zipper. It looked like the standard armband phone strap with the clear front, the pouch was big enough for a TCP or LCP sized pistol.

Back
Top Bottom