• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are my workbenches and tool chests worth?

steviesterno

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
This is stuff from my garage shop I’ve pieced together over the years. I have a little extra fun money and I’m thinking it might be nice to just start from scratch. Like buy a big set up from harbor freight and clean my act up.

Trying to decide if the stuff I have is worth anything and what you would do with the space? I have a dedicated gun room so this would really be household repair, light car stuff, and wrenching on the golf cart.

I have a craftsman ~26” lower and upper. Older made in America stuff but not exactly new and perfect.

Also a Stanley upper and lower tool chest. Functional but not amazing.

The main workbench I have is 2 Kobalt stainless 3 drawer workbenches with backs and tops.

Mostly trying to decide if this would make a dent in the new gear I’m looking for or better off just using this stuff randomly in the shed or whatever.

Yeah I know it need to be cleaned up. This was going to be a Christmas break project but at least one kid has been sick the whole damn time.

Attachments

• IMG_6118.jpeg
    IMG_6118.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6116.jpeg
    IMG_6116.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_6117.jpeg
    IMG_6117.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_6119.jpeg
    IMG_6119.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 114
This is stuff from my garage shop I’ve pieced together over the years. I have a little extra fun money and I’m thinking it might be nice to just start from scratch. Like buy a big set up from harbor freight and clean my act up.

Trying to decide if the stuff I have is worth anything and what you would do with the space? I have a dedicated gun room so this would really be household repair, light car stuff, and wrenching on the golf cart.

I have a craftsman ~26” lower and upper. Older made in America stuff but not exactly new and perfect.

Also a Stanley upper and lower tool chest. Functional but not amazing.

The main workbench I have is 2 Kobalt stainless 3 drawer workbenches with backs and tops.

Mostly trying to decide if this would make a dent in the new gear I’m looking for or better off just using this stuff randomly in the shed or whatever.

Yeah I know it need to be cleaned up. This was going to be a Christmas break project but at least one kid has been sick the whole damn time.
Sir, your set up looks great! And, nice quality.

its been so long since ive seen any of my workbenches.... between fly tying , reloading, ARs, and all the minor 'fix it' things they stay covered up..
I would keep the older US made stuff as opposed to buying harbor freight. Maybe the fun money could be used for a overpriced year end gun here on odt.

I have a Craftsman 26” top and bottom set that I bought new in 1976. Good quality construction. You should probably keep your set, looks good

Looks like a fine set up already and functional. I always do a major reorganization every couple years so i get you.
thanks, it's gotten to be a bit of a mess. My kid is under the weather today (and every day since christmas) so haven't been able to get out there and do my annual garage purge. We also got a golf cart so I need some more tools/parts than I've had before.
its been so long since ive seen any of my workbenches.... between fly tying , reloading, ARs, and all the minor 'fix it' things they stay covered up..
I would keep the older US made stuff as opposed to buying harbor freight. Maybe the fun money could be used for a overpriced year end gun here on odt.
For the first time in ages I feel like I'm about good on gun stuff. Nothing new really interests me, and everything I have is set up a way I like it. Maybe a 2011 in the coming year but I'll wait for the tax bill sell off.

I have a Craftsman 26” top and bottom set that I bought new in 1976. Good quality construction. You should probably keep your set, looks good!
it is good, it's just so much less deep than the newer ones, especially the top. The HF versions (I have a 26" in my gun room) is like 22" deep with full extension drawers, so I can really get stuff out of it.

I also have a $50 HF gift certificate and $100 visa card from work, so the cost of a new-to-me HF 26" top and bottom would "only" be like $600 out of pocket. Less if I sell one or more of what I already have

Back
Top Bottom