• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are you using as a garage heater?

i'd also suggest in wall if you just need heat. You cna go natural gas or just electric. I have a 220 in wall 4000w electric and it will run you out of the room but its not nice on teh power bill.

If you want to cool it at the same time you could spend around 800 on a mini split system which are pretty easy to install yourself. I plan on replacing my set up with this in the future for heating and cooling.

Got a link for the mini split system

this is a bit higher end one but gives you the idea. if you have a costco member ship they have this one pretty regularly for right around 1000 and you can find cheaper system. this is just the most popular one

I use a kerosene/diesel heater, construction site type. Been using one for years, started up in Utah where it would get into the teens in the garage in the winter, sometimes lower. I was super worried about carbon monoxide so I’ve always put in detectors right next to where I run it at, never had a problem though. Guy I bought my first one from had been using one is his garage for 20+ years.

I used to have a spare here but I gave it away a couple of years ago or I’d gladly have given it to ya, got tired of tripping over the extra one.

I use a kerosene/diesel heater, construction site type. Been using one for years, started up in Utah where it would get into the teens in the garage in the winter, sometimes lower. I was super worried about carbon monoxide so I’ve always put in detectors right next to where I run it at, never had a problem though. Guy I bought my first one from had been using one is his garage for 20+ years.

I used to have a spare here but I gave it away a couple of years ago or I’d gladly have given it to ya, got tired of tripping over the extra one.

if its one of those big blower kind then running a CO metter is the right call. We've used one of those for job sites for years and they work great and never had an issue till about 2 years ago. My dad and a worker were in a house remodel, we had ran the heater the same way for weeks but i guess wind or whatever that day was blowing the fumes back in. They both barely got out before being knocked out, the guy my dad was iwth noticed first and they immediately got the hell out. close call for sure.

Back
Top Bottom