• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What brands of AR to avoid?

I have a dozen AR's. From top end to bottom end, They all function as their supposed to do. Weapons companies are like auto companies, there are many different kinds made for many different kinds of people. Weapons you hope don't break down when you really need them, like cars, you hope they really don't break down when you need them. Buy what you can afford and go from there, and keep adding to them till you don't have room to park anymore.

I wish I could afford a Daniel Defense but it just wasn't in the budget. About a year ago I picked up a DPMS Oracle, added a few exterior upgrades, and have shot it regularly. I'm estimating that I have somewhere around 1,000 rounds through it. I have had ZERO malfunctions, ZERO breakage, and ZERO issues. I'm not arguing that DPMS is a top of the line AR, that would be silly. I am arguing that for a casual shooter, plinker, and target shooter you don't need a $1600 rifle when an $800 rifle will do the same thing.

almost all parts are military spec.

This is just not true. Manufacturers use a wide variety of barrels and bolt carrier groups, but very few would be considered milspec. The materials used, testing of parts and specs for chamber dimensions and gas port sizes vary widely across the industry.

I bought a bushmaster soon after all the craziness happened and it hasn't committed any crimes. I am very satisfied with it, I put a rail on it and a few other things and I have shot it numerous times. It shoots everytime I pull the trigger and is very accurate.

I'll just leave this here.

i189.photobucket.com_albums_z286_kerrager_vra6qg.jpg

:pop2:

this may have been off topic, BUT very funny!

this may have been off topic, BUT very funny!

Now, that is a classic. I don't believe I have ever seen one in person.

- - - Updated - - -

This is just not true. Manufacturers use a wide variety of barrels and bolt carrier groups, but very few would be considered milspec. The materials used, testing of parts and specs for chamber dimensions and gas port sizes vary widely across the industry.

I think he meant the parts are interchangeable.

How about a high end upper on a mid class lower..spend the extra savings on a better trigger...or save a bit more then get an ak too when the prices go down..

Outside of the lpk, lowers are much the same as the real stress to the firearm is on the upper

One day you'll find a matching highend lower to scoop up and you can keep or sell the mid end lower...but it always good to have a spare lower...

Keep an eye on slick guns.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom