• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What brands of AR to avoid?

Have you thought about building one? You get to pick out exactly what you want, and maybe save a little money here and there. I know some don't like frankenrifles, but personally I do. I can put a gun together that functions and performs just as good if not better than a factory built rifle. I also don't spend money switching out parts because it is already the way I want it.

I have the lowest of the low...New Frontier Armory polymer lower with SOTA upper.

Runs like a sewing machine all day long and it's not finicky about the ammo I feed 'er...of course, I'm just the typical weekend plinker/shooter.

Whatever you decide on, welcome to the black rifle club...but remember, you can't stop with a stock gun. You have to add all sorts of gizmos to make it yours.

Get yourself an AK and forget about the AR....too finiky on Ammo, a Pain to Maintain in the Field, and expensive ammo and mags (If you can find them).

I have a Windham Weaponry and a Daniel Defense. Honestly, I'd rate them equally in terms of functionality and dependability. For the mid-range price the Windham is hard to beat in my opinion, so much so that I have another one on order.

High end I have: Noveske, Colt, Daniel Defense, LaRue, LMT
Mid range I have: BCM, Spikes
Low end: Del-ton, DPMS
super low end: SOTA, DSA, Olympic

Just my opinion.

^^This is a pretty good rule of thumb. ^^

The higher end rifles will retain value when bought at the right price. You can still find a Colt LE 6920 for $1200 if you are patient and diligent.

I've personally owned 2 M&P's and both were excellent AR's. I think any AR you buy will do just fine whether is a sporter or high end as long as it has no broken, missing or worn out parts. Buy what you can comfortably afford.

Get yourself an AK and forget about the AR....too finiky on Ammo, a Pain to Maintain in the Field, and expensive ammo and mags (If you can find them).

Does anyone know the specifics on the finiky ammo?? for instance what type or brand of ammo to avoid in the Delton or Bushmaster

Back
Top Bottom