• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What brands of AR to avoid?

I have a Del-ton with a Stag lower. Very good gun and I have had no problems at all.

Another good brand that should be around your price would be Rock River Arms.

Avoid big brand name manufacturers like Colt, S&W, etc. They are good guns, but you will be paying more just for having their name stamped on them. My Del-ton is just as good as the big brands, just less expensive.

Your Del-ton franken gun has a far lower resale value, even when purchase price factored, than the higher end rifles.

Your Del-ton franken gun has a far lower resale value, even when purchase price factored, than the higher end rifles.

That may be true. But I didn't buy it to sell it. I would rather buy a less expensive gun, that is just as good as the big brands. Then you can spend that extra money you saved not buying the higher end rifles all on ammo and accessories (need that ammo).

Avoid DPMS, I personally saw one of these (brand new) completely fail.

I have a Spikes and it has been very good to me, feeds any ammo that I use, no issues at all for 3 years now.

Had a DPMS I bought new, years ago and the bolt just broke. The dealer repaired it free/warranty, but I just had him sell it for me.
Only lasted like a hundred rounds.

I like the Daniels, LaRue, BCM, RRA, Armalite and Double Star

Does anyone know the specifics on the finiky ammo?? for instance what type or brand of ammo to avoid in the Delton or Bushmaster

Just depends on the gun. Some will eat anything and everything. One Bushmaster may not like steel cased ammo while another Bushmaster will function just fine on it.

Just depends on the gun. Some will eat anything and everything. One Bushmaster may not like steel cased ammo while another Bushmaster will function just fine on it.

The reason I asked is that I have one of each. have not shot them yet. planning on going next week even though I only have 20 rnds :D., any other experiences welcome..

Might as well buy a Christensen Arms if you are going to buy right now w/ inflated prices.

Not sure how long this hipity hop price spike is going to last though. People keep saying "wait a couple weeks"....every week....

Back
Top Bottom