• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do the ODT OG’s think?

Leave a negative for no response?

• Yes. Leave a negative

• No. Walk away

• Tacos FTW

Results are only viewable after voting.
Had a deal set up today for this afternoon when I got off work. Seller texted me saying he sold the gun to a friend at lunch. Same question as OP, should I leave feedback or just let it go?

Everything documented via PM?

If so, leave NEG!

If not - oh well.

Never seal the deal in anything OTHER THAN a PM. Otherwise, neg won't stick.

So I messaged and PM’d a fellow ODTer. I know I was 1st according to the time stamp. Asked a question in PM but still willing to travel to purchase.

Still said I would take it.

Left my number.
No response.
Another message, no response.

Item was sold with still no response. What do I do? Neg? Walk away.

ODT is still a great site minus all the knuckleheads to scroll past.

Come on brother, you’re better than that. Don’t let the craiglisters and the wannabes bring you down to their level. Be better than them, besides, their day will come. It always does.

Deal set up via text after getting the number via PM. Aside from screenshots of the texts and number via PM then that's all I have. Now I know for future reference to seal deals in PM only.

Everything documented via PM?

If so, leave NEG!

If not - oh well.

Never seal the deal in anything OTHER THAN a PM. Otherwise, neg won't stick.

Deal set up via text after getting the number via PM. Aside from screenshots of the texts and number via PM then that's all I have. Now I know for future reference to seal deals in PM only.
When deals move to text, I have the trader confirm final arrangements in PM...cover you assets.

So I messaged and PM’d a fellow ODTer. I know I was 1st according to the time stamp. Asked a question in PM but still willing to travel to purchase.

Still said I would take it.

Left my number.
No response.
Another message, no response.

Item was sold with still no response. What do I do? Neg? Walk away.

ODT is still a great site minus all the knuckleheads to scroll past.

I'm Not a Old Timer, I learned from the Real Old Timers that showed me the ropes. This is ODT, you will see what you want or better today or tomm. If, someone does you wrong and you guys haven't set up a meet or time, it's not a Broken Deal. But, I could be wrong.

Had a deal set up today for this afternoon when I got off work. Seller texted me saying he sold the gun to a friend at lunch. Same question as OP, should I leave feedback or just let it go?
If time, place and date was agreed and confirmed via PM, then yes, that constitutes a neg.

If you two agreed on a time/place/date/price and he backed out of the deal then you have every right to leave a bad review.

Back
Top Bottom