• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What do ya'll think about this... COF

I'm not saying that the pelvic girdle is not a viable target area, I'm just saying it's not as effective as it was formally thought to be, or as some teach.

Pelvic girdle shots aren't as effective as they were once thought to be. With that said, a hit to the pelvic region is better than a hit to the body armor, but not as effective as a hit to the head/neck/throat/ area.

I had a student years ago who was an orthopedic surgeon and specialized in the hips/legs. We had some lengthy discussions on pelvic girdle shots and damage. The pelvic girdle can take a lot of damage, the bones there are some of hardest in the human body. For instance, before more modern (hotter) cremation techniques came into use, humans were usually cremated twice. After the first time, they raked through the ashes, and pulled out the few bones that were too hard to burn to ash. The pelvic girdle was one of these. They would crush them by hand and cremate them a second time.

The surgeon talked about numerous patients he worked on that had a broken pelvis and didn't know it. They were in pain, but still able to walk well. So, shots that penetrate the pelvic bones may or may not have the desired effect.

In order to reliably drop someone with shots to the pelvic girdle, it needs to be broken in 2 separate and specific areas, shown by the black dots:

Yea that's a tough shot, I'm shooting for the head, it's quite a bit bigger.

I'm not saying that the pelvic girdle is not a viable target area, I'm just saying it's not as effective as it was formally thought to be, or as some teach.

Great nuance for the pelvis shot and surely not a high value as a head shot in most circumstance.

Yea that's a tough shot, I'm shooting for the head, it's quite a bit bigger.

Have to disagree here. Unless your Americas next top model your pelvis is much larger than a sheet of paper folded in 1/2. (I know mine and Sheps are) Add to that that a head moves around more and is capable of a much more rapid change or direction than a pelvis makes it a much, much harder target in most fluid situations IMHO.

Great nuance for the pelvis shot and surely not a high value as a head shot in most circumstance.

Have to disagree here. Unless your Americas next top model your pelvis is much larger than a sheet of paper folded in 1/2. (I know mine and Sheps are) Add to that that a head moves around more and is capable of a much more rapid change or direction than a pelvis makes it a much, much harder target in most fluid situations IMHO.

Did you look closely at the two black dots where the Doc said you had to hit?
The two little bones in the front?
Not just anywhere on the pelvis to stop the guy - and that'll just drop him, not stop him.

A solid shot to both "black dots" is guaranteed to take the wheels out from under the perp. Not saying that a hit elsewhere in the pelvic girdle won't, that would depend upon numerous factors. But, the "black dots" are the only guarantee to flatten his tires.

Did you look closely at the two black dots where the Doc said you had to hit?
The two little bones in the front?
Not just anywhere on the pelvis to stop the guy - and that'll just drop him, not stop him.

I think we can all agree there are few "guarantees" just things that are more likely than not? Even disabling the pelvis as Shep said is only going to disable mobility while they bleed out. "flat tires" Still in the fight if determined.

A solid shot to both "black dots" is guaranteed to take the wheels out from under the perp. Not saying that a hit elsewhere in the pelvic girdle won't, that would depend upon numerous factors. But, the "black dots" are the only guarantee to flatten his tires.

We would be remiss in not pointing out that head face and throat shots are not "guaranteed" to stop an attacker cold. Many still dependent on bleed out or prone to deflection because of thick bones and shape.

Both pelvis and neck are home to the biggest blood pipelines in the human body. Either of which if compromised will lead to a "rapid" bleed out and disable. However still enough time to detonate the suicide vest.

Back
Top Bottom