• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is going on around you for Memorial Day Weekend?

My area if you have never been consider Andersonville. Saturday there will be thousands of flags put at the graves of soldiers. I always like to take the time to make the trip through and often stop at the POW museum.
I went to the cemetery and POW camp twice last year on weekday mornings to take pictures on 35mm. It's an amazing site.

Marietta National Cemetery Memorial Day Ceremony
http://www.marietta.com/memorial-day

"The National Memorial Day Association of Georgia is hosting the annual Memorial Day ceremony at the Marietta National Cemetery on Monday, May 28, 2018. The event takes place at noon and honors our Veterans, both past and present, who served as well as those who gave their life for our country’s freedom. The ceremony features patriotic music, posting of the colors, prayers, a gun salute, as well as inspiring speakers. All Veterans as well as the general public are invited to attend.

Date:
Monday, May 28, 2018

Time:
Noon

Admission:
Free

Address:
Marietta National Cemetery
500 Washington Avenue Northeast
Marietta, GA 30060

For more information, please call (404) 510-4668.

About the The National Memorial Day Association of Georgia and The Avenue of Flags, Inc
The National Memorial Day Association of Georgia and The Avenue of Flags, Inc, is a registered nonprofit organization qualified under Section 501 © (3). The organization was founded on March 16, 1946, in Atlanta, Georgia. It is composed of individual Patron Members and of Member Organizations who wish to remember and honor the men and women who have served in the United States of America Armed Forces, the many who have given their lives to protect our freedom, the many who are now deceased, and those currently serving in the Armed Forces."

Marietta National Cemetery Memorial Day Ceremony
http://www.marietta.com/memorial-day

"The National Memorial Day Association of Georgia is hosting the annual Memorial Day ceremony at the Marietta National Cemetery on Monday, May 28, 2018. The event takes place at noon and honors our Veterans, both past and present, who served as well as those who gave their life for our country’s freedom. The ceremony features patriotic music, posting of the colors, prayers, a gun salute, as well as inspiring speakers. All Veterans as well as the general public are invited to attend.

Date:
Monday, May 28, 2018

Time:
Noon

Admission:
Free

Address:
Marietta National Cemetery
500 Washington Avenue Northeast
Marietta, GA 30060

For more information, please call (404) 510-4668.

About the The National Memorial Day Association of Georgia and The Avenue of Flags, Inc
The National Memorial Day Association of Georgia and The Avenue of Flags, Inc, is a registered nonprofit organization qualified under Section 501 © (3). The organization was founded on March 16, 1946, in Atlanta, Georgia. It is composed of individual Patron Members and of Member Organizations who wish to remember and honor the men and women who have served in the United States of America Armed Forces, the many who have given their lives to protect our freedom, the many who are now deceased, and those currently serving in the Armed Forces."

We, the Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts, will be putting flags on each grave on Saturday. We do this every year to honor the fallen and instill a sense of patriotism in the boys.

This weekend is my birthday and our shop happens to be closed on Saturday so my family is wanting to do something. I dont have long weekends often so really just looking for a day trip. Is there something going on near you this weekend? Is there a place to eat that is worth a few hour drive. Is there a ballgame or tournament or festival or anything really? Looking for family fun and figured I would consult my source for everything else. ODT We have to be home Monday morning for daughters Softball practice then spend the day remembering those who paid the price.

My area if you have never been consider Andersonville. Saturday there will be thousands of flags put at the graves of soldiers. I always like to take the time to make the trip through and often stop at the POW museum.
I'll go down to the cave and do some reloading and reflect back to my time in 1967 when i was a confused 18yr.old trying to figure out life and survive. I did one out of two,some didnot. God Bless them.

Since it's a military related holiday (hate to call it a holiday, it doesn't sound right to me) and it appears your close enough to Ft. Benning, go check out the Army museum on post, its displays covers all U.S wars.......you will NOT be disappointed and best of all it's free to all :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom