• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

The statements I have heard in regard to Class III and silencers is astoundingly stupid.

Literally as he spilled mountain dew on the Barrett 50 cal semi-auto with a big no touch sign.
Me: Are you guys set up to order YHM or SilencerCo silencers
MtnDewDrnkr: No, if you're going to get into silencers you need to spend the money on good products.
Me: Well the Db's on Surefire aren't so great and they are alot more expensive
MtnDewDrnkr: The military uses Surefire and only Surefire for a reason(false) the Surefires will keep your gun accurate, if you buy the AAC can it'll be quiet but your gun will be shooting all over the place(sweet christ false)
Me: Well the POI shift is greater on some cans but it shouldn't make them innnacurate unless you are having baffle strikes. But can you order me a YHM 7.62 can?
MtnDewDrnkr: I don't think so.
(conversation ends, later he asks me about my silencers and hosts)

MtnDewDrnkr: So what are you shooting your Osprey on?
Me: I'll be shooting it on a Glock and a Remington 1911.
MtnDewDrnkr: You're not going to be happy with either of those, you're going to need to get a Sig or a FN
Me: Why
MtnDewDrnkr: They have loose tolerances, much louder.(false)

At a non-class III shop: If you get the tax stamp and have a trust to buy it on, you can buy whatever you want right from the manufacturer(referring to full auto)

For all I know, he was an ATF spook. No way man. Plus, the LGS would've probably banned my ass for making an illegal NFA deal on the premises. I also, don't like the idea of going to "Federal Pound You in the Ass Prison."

Should have offered to buy him anything in the shop and traded.

We all seem to get around the various gun shops to check out the new toys. What are some of the dumbest things you've heard from either a shop employee or a customer?

I was at the Army Navy Store in Stockbridge. A guy came out of the range holding his Bersa. He held it in his hand casually on its side and was looking down at it. He reached it out to Russ, the manager and said " it won't fire" and pulls the trigger while pointed at Russ. Russ snatched it away and pulled the slide back and ejected a live round.

i hate going to ranges for that reason...i see all of the holes in the ceilings, walls, and some stall walls and think <NO!!!!>

Not a store but the first and last time I went to the johns mountain range I saw a guy shooting a pistol into the ground next to his truck in the parking lot. I just had pulled up. He saw me looking at him and said "I's just testin it out". At a loss for words, I got the F outta there.

I was in Bass Pro Shop in Destin Fla. I was in the gun section looking at ammo and a lady was looking for 150gr 30-30 ammo.
All they had in stock at the time was 170gr ammo. The sales person proceeded to tell the lady the numbers were the amount of gunpowder in the bullet and if she used 170gr in a rifle made for 150gr... It would probably explode!

I after he left I went over to her and explained what they really mean and to call her husband to make sure the different size was ok, then I hunted junior to ejimicate him.

I was in my local Saturday honey hole about 10 years ago (this is my favorite story to tell people and its 100% true) and a really old fela probably 85-90 or so was in filling out paper work and what looked like a 20ga shot the clerk calls for a back round check and gets denied. So the clerk said that I won't beable to sell this gun to and the old guy asks why and of corse the dude behind the counter doesn't know and just ask the guy is there anything in the past that you have been to jail for? The old man said back I robbed a bank when I was 20 years old. So the guy behind the counter said well that would do it the old man said but that was a long time ago.... Haha I couldnt believe what I was hearing I looked around for hidden cameras.

Every time I walkinto one and see the "NO LOADED WEAPONS" sign and think of the Freaken Hypocrisy..:confused: Yeah gun show to.. that wont let you in with a loaded gun, but will sell you a gun and ammo once inside..............

I won't name him but there is a guy that works at Big Woods Goods that has proved to me he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. I have had a few incidents with him.

1. We were talking about SD ammo and he pulled out some Black Talons they had and told me they were illegal and only for display.
2. He told me it was legal to carry without a permit.
3. I check Cherokee County mugshots often and saw him on there about a year ago for possession of Marijuana so this explains it -_-.

I won't name him but there is a guy that works at Big Woods Goods that has proved to me he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. I have had a few incidents with him.

1. We were talking about SD ammo and he pulled out some Black Talons they had and told me they were illegal and only for display.
2. He told me it was legal to carry without a permit.
3. I check Cherokee County mugshots often and saw him on there about a year ago for possession of Marijuana so this explains it -_-.

It is, on your own property, and in your own car.

Back
Top Bottom