What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

Can't recall exact lines in the conversations - but every time I purchase a firearm from AO my dual-citizenship drives them bonkers. They called the ATF on the spot one time to verify that they could sell me a gun. And this is even AFTER I produce my carry license.
The last time the manager validating the paperwork looked at me and said "can I sell you a gun with your dual citizenship?".....ummm - you tell me.....

Can't recall exact lines in the conversations - but every time I purchase a firearm from AO my dual-citizenship drives them bonkers. They called the ATF on the spot one time to verify that they could sell me a gun. And this is even AFTER I produce my carry license.
The last time the manager validating the paperwork looked at me and said "can I sell you a gun with your dual citizenship?".....ummm - you tell me.....

Just don't put the other citizenship info on the 4473. . . . . .

Had a girl shooting beside me at a gun store / range. I thought she was doing a lot of dry fires. Then she ask me to help her see why her gun was not shooting. I checked for a live round and dropped the mag and discovered she had the ammo in backward. She said it was much easier to load that way than the other way.

Now that just scares me.

Well place of birth is overseas - so I cant lie about that. If I could avoid it, believe me I would.

People can be born in other countries and only hold US citizenship. What country were you born in? My buddy was born in Germany and they never question him. I have other friends whose parents were military, japan, korea, etc they only list US citizenship and it goes right through. No silly looks or questions from behind the gun counter.

Academy Sports in Cumming-
Associate told a customer a 7mm-08 and a 7mag are the same. Took a rifle in to get a new scope, the associate stripped all the heads and then told me I had to buy more. I went in to get some 17hmr ammo the associate told me that now 17hmr accept and shoot 22lr. ** And the best was I was looking for a rifle case, just a simple hard plastic 2 rifle case, When I was skimming through the selections I noticed a case with Bushmaster on it so I looked at it to see what the difference was, opened it and a brand new rifle was sitting in it.

Dick's Sporting Goods Cumming-
Was looking at a few "sale" hunting rifles not with the intention of buying but was looking. Was shown a few rifles with only short clips and that Remington makes an adapter that allows pmags. So I then asked if he knew anything about Taurus firearms, I got the response yeah man they are awesome rifles and I think we have some in 243, 270, and 30-06.

Bulls Eye Marksman- Cumming
Wanted to rent a revolver for my girlfriend to try, was told No she needs atleast a 45 to defend herself. Went back with a giftcard and tried their WASR 10, was given a lesson on how to load a "clip" with bullets. Went to rent a lane to shoot with the lady, the guys working behind the counter were talking about the stupid MFer that just got a lane and how he was a whiny B!tch and used a few other expletives all in front of me and my fiancé and the guy with his kid behind us.

Forsyth Co Pawn-
Ive had good experiences here, except the one time I wanted to see a rifle, guy was pulling it off the wall and dropped it, after it bounced around and made it back up to the counter I couldn't help but laugh.

Wow! They are absolutely clueless about firearms and ammo. Morons!

Back
Top Bottom