• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the reason for the shortage of reloading supplies? Primers, brass, bullets, and powder?

Overheard a Cabelas employee today discussing primers with a customer and he said that the scalpers know when the trucks show up at this point and they are gone about 10 minutes after the doors open. I haven't found anything else to be all that lacking TBH. Xtreme stays stocked up, saw a 4lb jug of VV N320 locally the other day, and once fired brass is readily available.

Until ammo retailers are back to something near "fully stocked", the manufacturers are best served by making ammo rather than components. If there was/is some sort of gov't conspiracy going on, I think it was mostly limited to forcing the manufacturing facilities to shut down longer than necessary due to the wuhan-red-death.

Yep, I think you are definitely right. I just looked at gunbroker. 400 dollars for 1000 large rifle magnums.
when this **** started I bought a 5k case of cci #41s for retail and cringed...also bought a case of 5k rem 7 1/2 BR primers when I was on vaca in Denver visiting my best friend(scouts.) Paid almost retail for those...so IF I were to gouge my fellow reloader...I can't replace the ****. I have been shooting less in the past 2 years than the rest of my life. It hurts my soul. I have enough components for 25k rounds...and I feel vastly under prepared. Bought a dillon 650...haven't cranked it up...it is depressing.

when this **** started I bought a 5k case of cci #41s for retail and cringed...also bought a case of 5k rem 7 1/2 BR primers when I was on vaca in Denver visiting my best friend(scouts.) Paid almost retail for those...so IF I were to gouge my fellow reloader...I can't replace the ****. I have been shooting less in the past 2 years than the rest of my life. It hurts my soul. I have enough components for 25k rounds...and I feel vastly under prepared. Bought a dillon 650...haven't cranked it up...it is depressing.
that's a ****ing lie, more like 50k rounds.

I should have got back into reloading when DJT was in office. I waited too long.

Back
Top Bottom