• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is with buyers lately on ODT?

Since my wife is a Costa Rican natural born citizen, I will get residency pretty easily. Once that happens, I can purchase one handgun and one rifle. But I tell you, as much as I love my God given rights to self-protection, when I'm there I don't ever feel unsafe like I do here, I never feel like I need to carry and have my head on a swivel like I do here. So, I'll probably buy a unicorn, and keep it in the safe while I pop a cold beer on a beach.

Since my wife is a Costa Rican natural born citizen, I will get residency pretty easily. Once that happens, I can purchase one handgun and one rifle. But I tell you, as much as I love my God given rights to self-protection, when I'm there I don't ever feel unsafe like I do here, I never feel like I need to carry and have my head on a swivel like I do here. So, I'll probably buy a unicorn, and keep it in the safe while I pop a cold beer on a beach.
47B9AE09-2F5E-4A18-9F39-849202260A86.gif
B02A1D71-E4A9-441C-AA02-369C0A5EE8FD.gif

As many of you know I'm leaving the good old USA, heading to Costa Rica. I have listed several items here, and will list more as the time to jet gets closer. Problem I have been having, is the number of times I am being stood up after someone commits to buy something, or they go silent on me/give lame excuses/ignore messages/flood me with messages and then ghost me....what the hell is happening with the quality of members here?

It's pretty damn simple. Call me old-fashioned, but if you say you're going to do something, do it. Rant over.
You're right. And it's not just here, it's everywhere anymore. A man's word should be his bond. If it was the world would be a much better place

I’m in the process of purging many things I own. Selling them is very troublesome. I will usually list them for 80% of what I perceive to be fair market value thinking this would make for a quick sale. So far, I have barely sold one out of 15 items I listed for over $100. I have even accepted low ball offers half my asking price but then the supposed buyers ghosted my replies.

I had pretty nice air compressor listed for 200 with no bites. I asked my neighbor if he wanted it for free and he said no. Haha. He called one of his friends though who bought it for $100. He was really happy to get it and was even happier to be rid of it with no drama.

It’s supposedly a sellers market but I don’t see it.

Im a bit jaded on selling local recently. I’m thinking $1 start price online auctions from here on out or just putting it out to the curb.

Items are guaranteed to be gone if they have even a little value.

I’ve taken to consignment sales for my guns just so I can forget about it for awhile and then, Viola, a phone call and a check show up.

The free Covid 6.9 trillion pay out is fading. Incredibly, people are getting jobs or increasing their illegal side hustle to survive again. Their wants still match well with all the free $, but they forget the free $ spigot is slowing down.

Back
Top Bottom