• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What kind of gun and caliber is your wife/girlfriend/mother carrying?

Both my wife and daughter carry 22 caliber 9 shot snub nose revolvers. They don't like the noise or recoil of larger guns, even 32 cal. Both can shoot the eyes out of snake with their little pistols. I feel it is better for them to carry a gun they are comfortable with and accurate shooting, than a larger caliber they hesitate to shoot.

my sister really likes her smith and wesson 637. Nice and small but does the job if needed!

My girlfriend has really become fond of the 22/45 lite I snagged the other day. Its kinda big but then again her coach purse could house a desert eagle.

Last edited:
My wife (5'2" and 100lbs- nice lookin girl too) selected what fit her best. She almost always has an NAA mini mag .22wmr on her. Depending on weather/ work (business attire) vs home clothing she carries either a Ruger LCP .380, a 1911 compact .45 acp, or her personal favorite Walther PPQ 9mm. I guess if this is for a first gun it is best for the shooter to not pay attention to brand names or outside advice and select something that fits their hand. Then do some shooting and select/ adjust caliber as desired. If you have access to some folks who will allow you to shoot what they have it can be a help.

My wife likes the S&W M12-3 snubnose, .38 I stupidly showed her when I brought it home. I do not get to see that one much anymore. My wife did not like any of the semi autos that were/are available.

She's shot my 9mm fine and my buddy's .380. Gonna have her look at the LCP, LC9, Kel tec, S&W bodyguard. Going to have her hold a bunch and then decide which she feels comfortable holding. Was really looking for suggestions i haven't thought of yet.

Soviet, no kidding on the Coach purse. she could fit a S*W 629 in hers.

Wife is carrying a glock 26 with a 3.5 connector ext mag and slide release and hornady self defence loads , She is very comfortable with it and is an avid shooter .

She's shot my 9mm fine and my buddy's .380. Gonna have her look at the LCP, LC9, Kel tec, S&W bodyguard. Going to have her hold a bunch and then decide which she feels comfortable holding. Was really looking for suggestions i haven't thought of yet.

Soviet, no kidding on the Coach purse. she could fit a S*W 629 in hers.

haha! They have a lot of room in there. Thats for sure. Some of them cost as much as a small semi auto too. Ive actually put my smith and wesson 6 inch 629 in there. Goes in there just fine :lol:

Back
Top Bottom