What kind of gun and caliber is your wife/girlfriend/mother carrying?

I was happy with her choice. we looked at kel-tec pf9, fnh9, baby eagle II 9, lcr9, the bodyguard, and the last one she looked at was the Kahr and decided on it. She seems to work the slide ok, I think a good cleaning and oil, then about 150rds through it tomorrow with start to loosen her up.

I hope others take notice of the process that you went through to get the right gun for her. The important thing is that SHE is also happy with her choice.

The way you picked it out was a good way to do it. Too many ladies come out to my range with the gun that their husband "chose" for them... & more often than not, it's not the right one for some reason or the other.

I ask the ladies if they would let their husband pick them out a pair of shoes...

Guns, especially ones intended for use in self-defense, are a very personal choice.
No one can tell you what "fits" you but you will know once you try several out.

jloneill17, I like the CW9. Kahr makes a fine weapon and she likes it. Protective Measures called it right, let the women pick out THEIR gun. I commend you for going through the process and making sure she had a choice. Good job, and have fun at the range.

She was excited to buy it, but I think I'm more excited about shooting it. I kinda reminds me of a slimmed down glock, or a more fullsize diamond back. Either way, that's what she said felt best in her hand. Hopefully she'll let me carry it now and again. HA!

Love the Kahrs. You hit the nail on the head aobut them feeling like a slimmed down Glock. That's what sold me my first Kahr. Ergonomics so close to Glock that they make PERFECT companions for Glocks. I'm glad my wife is happy with the PM40 she has in her purse. Thinking about getting a CM40 for me. Hate carrying my PM45. Too much money in it for EDC. heh heh.

My wife is 5'10", 150 lbs, and crazy athletic workout girl, red headed with a temper to match. Her self proclaimed man hands fit best in a full size and she shoots my P226 just fine, but for her carry weapon we're going with a P229 in 9 mm. We had a P250, but it didn't fit her right, but the Enhanced Ergo grips on the new P229 fit perfect... And the paper zombies agree.

Mine carried a Walther PPK/S .380 for years. She Switched to an SP101 .357 after seeing how ineffective the .380 could be. A year or two ago she suddenly switched the a Glock 26 9mm. She still prefers the SP at the range but all she carries these days is the G26.

My mother carries a small frame Smith 38spl. Not sure of the model, blue finish, exposed hammer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom