• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Most Preppers Ignore About Surviving a Collapse

I average about 6 sawyer work trips a month hauling either a chainsaw with extra fuel, bar oil, chain, axe, plastic wedges and chaps or a 5’ crosscut saw with steel wedges, axe and zip saw along with a logger first aid kit, 3 liters of water and food. These work trips require hiking anywhere fron 3-9 miles in the mountains (either in the Cohuttas, Bald River TN or on the AT) and cutting blown down trees as you go.

If you do not get out regularly with a load, in all kinds of weather and cover some territory so you are comfortable in the woods (not just walking to and from a deer stand) you aren’t going to make it far bugging out.

I live in a somewhat remote area on a mountain with acreage, a year round stream, garden etc. so I’m not going anywhere but if your plan is to leave the city and heading to the hills to live off the land I hope you enjoy eating leaves and twigs.

Work two physically demanding jobs and spend as much time as possible still hunting year around.....much of this is just hiking with a firearm and a pack.
Wanna get in shape?

Cut your grass with a push mower then rake your yard....excellent core workouts.

Work two physically demanding jobs and spend as much time as possible still hunting year around.....much of this is just hiking with a firearm and a pack.
Wanna get in shape?

Cut your grass with a push mower then rake your yard....excellent core workouts.

I lived in central PA for 13 winters and having grown up in GA shoveling snow was less than awesome but definitely was a decent workout.

I can't imagine how many people up North would lose their lives the first winter after some kind of lasting catastrophic event.

I lived in central PA for 13 winters and having grown up in GA shoveling snow was less than awesome but definitely was a decent workout.

I can't imagine how many people up North would lose their lives the first winter after some kind of lasting catastrophic event.

Yeah man.
I grew up in western Pa.....I don’t miss the harsh freezing winters at all but I did love hunting in the snow and driving in it.

Back
Top Bottom