• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Most Preppers Ignore About Surviving a Collapse

Living off the land how? Like always on the go, or on a farm like where I live? BC I could live here for a long time. If I was on the go with my wife, 3 kids, and elderly in laws, I probably wouldn't make it 5 days
Living off the land on the go I think would be impossible.
The situation you are in I think is the best situation in a collapse. I think the main issue in your type situation will be bringing the community together for common defense and agricultural support within the group and a communication system for when there is trouble in the community. A family by themselves will have trouble defending and holding on to what they have, community defense groups will be essential. As will sharing seeds, equipment, storage, livestock genetics and labor to bring the maximum yield within the group. There will be few people you can trust and helping a neighbor survive will benefit your long term survival.

Living off the land on the go I think would be impossible.
The situation you are in I think is the best situation in a collapse. I think the main issue in your type situation will be bringing the community together for common defense and agricultural support within the group and a communication system for when there is trouble in the community. A family by themselves will have trouble defending and holding on to what they have, community defense groups will be essential. As will sharing seeds, equipment, storage, livestock genetics and labor to bring the maximum yield within the group. There will be few people you can trust and helping a neighbor survive will benefit your long term survival.

I have a couple of neighbors I trust. People in our church. My dad lives about 20mims away on lake hartwell. We have a pretty strong community here.

I'm screwed! :)

Lol I like your honesty! Maybe just get a nice bottle of sumthin' to sip quietly and watch the stars come out at night one more time.

My house will look like Rorke's Drift. I'm not bugging out.

I always have the same post for threads like this:
"I live in Clayton County, I'm just going to get up on the roof with a couple of rifles and an ammo can, a lawn chair, a couple of cigars and a bottle of Scotch and see where the day takes me."

I always have the same post for threads like this:
"I live in Clayton County, I'm just going to get up on the roof with a couple of rifles and an ammo can, a lawn chair, a couple of cigars and a bottle of Scotch and see where the day takes me."
I live in the middle of 85,000 people that can't make it from one EBT card recharge to the next. I have lots of ammo and rifles but eventually I expect to be overwhelmed just by the mass of people.

I live in the middle of 85,000 people that can't make it from one EBT card recharge to the next. I have lots of ammo and rifles but eventually I expect to be overwhelmed just by the mass of people.
You might as well be in South Africa.

Back
Top Bottom