What Rifle Caliber Will You NOT own?

Could I use it and have I used it for hunting? Yes.
Now, that wasn't the question. You know where I'm going with this.

I have rifles that I have put thousands of rounds through, but they are not typically used for hunting. I've had my go-to hunting rifle for about 15 years now and have killed around 50 big game animals with it. I doubt I've put 300 rounds through it and a lot of those where when it was new and I was doing load development. A rifle specifically designed for hunting simply does not need a very long barrel life. Just like it doesn't need to be able to fire long strings of fire and maintain accuracy. If it will keep two or three rounds tight, that's all you need.

Reactions: MRH

This old fellar says it better then I can type it on this little phone.
Okay, I got past the part where he got a bad reamer and into the part about the bad brass. Then I stopped watching when he kept saying it was a problem with the 6.5 Creedmoor. Neither of those are a problems with the cartridge or it's performance. They are problems with a reamer and a batch of brass and that's all. Those problems can exist with any cartridge.

Does he ever actually talk about problems with the performance of the round itself?

I agree that it's not a great round for big game at extreme ranges because it doesn't have enough energy way out there, (I have a 300 RUM for that), but it also sounds like he's saying it's not effective past 600 yards as a target cartridge and that is simply a complete load of crap. A few thousands PRS shooters will back me up on that, too.

As for normal range hunting, it's as good or better than a crap ton of very popular deer hunting rounds out there.

Now, that wasn't the question. You know where I'm going with this.

I have rifles that I have put thousands of rounds through, but they are not typically used for hunting. I've had my go-to hunting rifle for about 15 years now and have killed around 50 big game animals with it. I doubt I've put 300 rounds through it and a lot of those where when it was new and I was doing load development. A rifle specifically designed for hunting simply does not need a very long barrel life. Just like it doesn't need to be able to fire long strings of fire and maintain accuracy. If it will keep two or three rounds tight, that's all you need.

30 years with my BAR in .270. I seriously doubt if it has 500 rounds through it. More like 300-400...Maybe.

Haha! I’ll never own a 280ai because that cartridge is magic and I like owning more than one rifle... or I did before the terrible boating accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom