What Rifle Caliber Will You NOT own?

how many people that hunt in Georgia have ever put 1000 rounds through their deer rifle.

I did a thousand on one rifle already this year, and I’m a Georgian. I can’t control what other Georgians do. All I know is the weatherbys are hard to reload, are inefficient, toast your barrels, and have unnecessary recoil. .243 win with 8lbs of recoil energy vs the .240 Weatherby Mag with 18lbs of recoil energy? Thanks, but no thanks.

- 6.5 creedmoor and others that are only good for target practice. 6.5 cr is almost worthless as a hunting cartridge.
- any caliber that I have too reload for.

I have never owned or hunted with 6.5cm, but I've seen a good many hunters enjoying some success with it as a hunting round.

22. I'm not a woman.

I'm not a woman either, but .22 is one of the best rounds of all time, imo. Great for small game, super cheap for practice/training on a budget, perfect for teaching kids or new shooters, and it's a lot of fun. I did not expect to see .22 mentioned in here...But to each their own.

- 6.5 creedmoor and others that are only good for target practice. 6.5 cr is almost worthless as a hunting cartridge.

What? Lol

The 143 grain ELD precision hunter has 675lbs of KE at 1000 yards. That’s more than enough for a deer. It’s still going 1500 FPS at that distance. It would easily level a deer within the normal SE hunting distance.

I have never owned or hunted with 6.5cm, but I've seen a good many hunters enjoying some success with it as a hunting round.

I'm not a woman either, but .22 is one of the best rounds of all time, imo. Great for small game, super cheap for practice/training on a budget, perfect for teaching kids or new shooters, and it's a lot of fun. I did not expect to see .22 mentioned in here...But to each their own.

I wanted one when I was a kid but I was poor and my parents didn't buy me one. Now I hate it.

Reactions: MRH
I did a thousand on one rifle already this year, and I’m a Georgian. I can’t control what other Georgians do. All I know is the weatherbys are hard to reload, are inefficient, toast your barrels, and have unnecessary recoil. .243 win with 8lbs of recoil energy vs the .240 Weatherby Mag with 18lbs of recoil energy? Thanks, but no thanks.
Is that 1000 round rifle a hunting rifle?

Back
Top Bottom