• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Rifle Caliber Will You NOT own?

There are several calibers I don’t care for or have any interest in, but if the right rifle were offered up, I’d take it anyways. So, I wouldn’t count out any caliber.
I sympathize with the “no Weatherby” chambering point of view but then I remember seeing some awesome custom rifles for sale at what looked like great prices because they were chambered in something like 300 wby. They were still tempting.

I sympathize with the “no Weatherby” chambering point of view but then I remember seeing some awesome custom rifles for sale at what looked like great prices because they were chambered in something like 300 wby. They were still tempting.
I've loaded a lot of ammo for a variety of the Weatherby rounds. Nothing wrong with them at all for hunting.

I've loaded a lot of ammo for a variety of the Weatherby rounds. Nothing wrong with them at all for hunting.
I wouldn’t say there’s anything wrong with them, just something I was never drawn to. I’d still own one if it were a rifle I loved so much I couldn’t pass it up. Generally, I am not interested in maximum velocity, pressure, recoil though.

Did I turn this into a Weatherby thread? lol

Sorry.

Nothing wrong with them at all. They’ll level whatever you want in the world. I just don’t care for any of them for my previously stated reasons. There’s a video on YouTube of a 340 Weatherby Mag leveling an elk at 600 yards. You could follow the vapor trail. It’s an awesome video. It literally looked like the hand of god. The elk just flopped over dead.

Did I turn this into a Weatherby thread? lol

Sorry.

Nothing wrong with them at all. They’ll level whatever you want in the world. I just don’t care for any of them for my previously stated reasons. There’s a video on YouTube of a 340 Weatherby Mag leveling an elk at 600 yards. You could follow the vapor trail. It’s an awesome video. It literally looked like the hand of god. The elk just flopped over dead.
What was Roy Weatherby compensating for? Enough beating around the bush. Say what you mean.

What was Roy Weatherby compensating for? Enough beating around the bush. Say what you mean.

I did a thousand on one rifle already this year, and I’m a Georgian. I can’t control what other Georgians do. All I know is the weatherbys are hard to reload, are inefficient, toast your barrels, and have unnecessary recoil. .243 win with 8lbs of recoil energy vs the .240 Weatherby Mag with 18lbs of recoil energy? Thanks, but no thanks.

My above quote from earlier sums it up.

Back
Top Bottom