• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What should I get?

+1 on the Bench Made Griptillian. I've had mine for a few years and love it. It's on the large size as far as folders go, but it's never been too big. Very versatile, and the open/locking mechanism is probably the best and my favorite in the market. Lockup is super tight no wobble ever and I have carried it for at least three years now.

I have been running my $40 Kershaw for 2 years now. I am brutal on it and it's still going strong! But if your looking for a fixed blade go with a Esee Izula you won't regret it for about 70 bucks!
I use to carry the kershaw leek but I broke the tip but I also carry the izula 2 for bout a week and I'm liking it pretty good

Thanks sooo much for the input! Keep any suggestions coming. Right now I'm leaning to the benchmade Griptalian. Any input on the best place to get a good price on one?

Kershaw Blur - Get them on Amazon around $40 - $50. on sale. If you really wanna spend $80, buy two...
images.knifecenter.com_thumb_1500x1500_knifecenter_kershaw_images_KS1670OLBLKnw.jpg

Benchmade Griptilian, for sure. Mini-Griptilian is also an option if you prefer the smaller size (I don't).

An above poster said he hates the partial serrations....I'm in the minority that disagrees. If I have to cut something and I haven't kept my knife super sharp, it requires much less force. I've always preferred the half-serrated knives; the power of habit I guess. Of course, serrated and non-serrated options are available, so you can get what you like.

I'm on two Griptilians (one stainless and one w/a black blade), and I'm planning on getting one with an OD green handle eventually. Best knife for general use/carry, but it won't be the absolute end of the world if you lose it (but it would still suck!). The price is just right for what you said you're looking for.

Probably the best thing about the Griptilian is the AXIS lock - it's AWESOME. I can't appreciate other folders after using this setup.

I think I got my last one off BladeHQ since they're an "authorized dealer". I bought the first one off Amazon because it was stupid cheap. Can't beat Benchmade quality for the price. I prefer them to my Spyderco, but that's just my $0.02.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom