• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What should I get?

So, Thank you guys so much for all your input. I live by a motto that "you can't beat free." So I mentioned something to my father about me trying to find a good pocket knife and he said "I bought a benchmade off a guy from work for $5, you can have it if you want it." Wouldn't even let me give him his $5 back! :). I really don't know what model this is, so if anyone knows, I'd really appreciate any info. Again, Thanks ODT for all your input, advice, and help!
20150225_233859_resized.jpg

It is a Benchmade Pika... Discontinued then later brought out as an HK model...
Free is good but lore goes that it is bad luck or that it cuts the bonds between you and the giver to not to give a coin in return to anyone who gives you a knife!

Last edited:
It is a Benchmade Pika... Discontinued then later brought out as an HK model...
Free is good but lore goes that it is bad luck or that it cuts the bonds between you and the giver to not to give a coin in return to anyone who gives you a knife!
Not typically superstitious but I'll give him something in exchange. Thanks for the info!

Not typically superstitious but I'll give him something in exchange. Thanks for the info!
Nor am I... I think legend goes something like; if you give someone a knife and they cut themselves with it then they will have bad feelings for you but if you give a coin then technically it can never be viewed as a gift intended for harm because you gave something in return... I give away a number of knives each year and have only twice had someone absolutely insist I take a coin in return.:hand:
Good snag and hope you enjoy it! Benchmade has always been a fine knife:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom