• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What The Heck is Wrong With Glock 19 Gen 5???

Not a thing wrong with them. Folks churn through guns, sometimes trying something different, sometimes selling to justify buying something else.

The Gen 5 17’s and 19’s are excellent. I am issued the former, and carry the latter off duty.

I liked my gen 3 G19 until I noticed the blood running down my hand. Our fine AF medical staff has a different idea of what it takes to set a broken thumb than most modern doctors do. My thumb knuckle sticks up a little and the corner of the slide just acts like a lathe on that knuckle. Takes 15 or 20 rounds to draw blood.... takes 1 more for me to put it down, grab a VP9 and feel like I just died and went to heaven.

That's no fault of the Glock and I really wish I could shoot them. It'd be great to have a gun that I didn't care if it got stolen. :D

I just bought one used like new. Mags. Box etc. I knew nothing about them, but I figured for 300 bucks I couldn't go wrong. Had a glock 21 years ago I sold.

I have yet to fire the glock 19.

Just stick to a Colt -
I have a G21 …. Don’t know what gen ….2 or 3 maybe. I like it ok .
But I went back to my Colt after a while (For pistol carry) and also carry a Hi-Power occasionally. Either those or my S&W revolvers. I like the big bore stuff. .44/ .45long/ .41 , etc.,
( I guess a variety is what is called for on my end )

Loved my Gen 3 19 but traded up to. G45…I think it is the most balanced Glock but I am not that good of a shot…never carry it anymore since the 43x

Back
Top Bottom