• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to buy?

BlackRifler42

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
151   0
Reaction score
I've been saving for a little bit and now I have about $800 to spend on something. The local gun shop down the road from me has a brand new Yugo AB2T that I was eyeing last week or I was thinking about checking out another 1911. If you were me what would you buy? It will either be an AK or a nice handgun. Let the opinions fly!! Also, any good gun shops from here down to Calhoun, like in the Dalton area?

Last edited:
i would go for the 1911 myself, it will be more useful for everyday use if you want to carry it out

if you do not have a rifle in the caliber of the one your looking at than get the rifle, you know variety is the spice of life

Last edited:
In that price range buy a nice midrange sig like a P220, P229 or P226 (depending on the form factor or caliber that you want)

Alot of people poke at me for this but I'd rather have a P220 than a 1911 ... It's every bit as accurate as a nice 1911 AND you can swap out afermarket or factory barrels drop in without killing that accuracy easily in just a minute or two. Want a ported barrel today? A threaded one tomorrow? The standard factory barrel the next ... 10 seconds and it's done with no tools required.

i would go for the 1911 myself, it will be more useful for everyday use if you want to carry it out

if you do not have a rifle in the caliber of the one your looking at than get the rifle, you know variety is the spice of life

If it were me and I had $800, I wouldn't be thinking about an AK. I would look hard for a good deal on an FN 5.7. I could easily scrape together another $50 and buy one listed on GB now. Want to lend me the $800? Hah.

I would get a 1911. Plenty of good options at that price point, especially if you are looking at used guns.

BlackRifler, we have a stainless springfield loaded in the shop now (not at work so no pictures now) and the shop is in Ringgold. Comes in the box with the springfield gear. If you want to swing by and check it out

Crazy Fast Firearms
2261 Mt Pisgah Rd
Ringgold, GA 30736
423-584-4867

1-6, M-F

Well, it depends. Is an AK on your "list of gotta get one"? If so, now may be the best time to buy one. They are going to increase in price until the election-if our current dear leader gets re-elected the prices will continue to rise.

I would think you could pick up a loaded 1911 just about any time anywhere in the same price range--I don't think the 1911 is suffering from the same price volatility at the moment.

In the end do what suits your needs the best.

Back
Top Bottom