• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to use to break free a 'stuck' suppressor tube?

Wow, a couple hundred rounds was all it took to lock that shroud up?

Too bad the shroud is aluminum. If everything was stainless, you could plug one end and fill it up with a 50/50 mix of peroxide and vinegar for a few hours. That would eat that lead weld right up!

DON'T DO IT WITH ALUMINUM THOUGH! It will eat it up!

Try putting either a silicone hot mat or rubber jar opener on the shroud and rocking it back and forth. I cleaned my TiRant yesterday and it the baffles needed some "encouragement" to come out. The end cap backed off the ASAP system some and I had to use the above to get everything back tight. I coated everything in ZMax engine treatment (trying something new) and will update on how it does after being shot some more. My integral (HTA) gets tights; but it can be rotated due to the internal design.

I know threads aren't your issue here, but I always use copper anti seize on all my suppressor and barrel threads.

A stick like this will last you for years.

IMG_0914.JPG

I'm surprised the Kroil didn't work. Can you attach something to the thread end of the tube, like maybe a scope ring, and then try wrenching on that to get a little more leverage and not damage the tube?

I'm surprised the Kroil didn't work. Can you attach something to the thread end of the tube, like maybe a scope ring, and then try wrenching on that to get a little more leverage and not damage the tube?

That's a really good idea. I'll dig around in the scope box and see if there's anything that would fit snug, but not too snug...

Back
Top Bottom