• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's going on with the trader?

It used to take a day or two to sell something here as long as you posted a fair price .... but anymore it seems like things just stagnate and are recycled over and over again. I've NEVER posted something and not even gotten any trade offers before ... this is crazy. So what's the deal? Does no one have any money anymore? Do people have all the guns they need and aren't interested anymore? Are the users just not coming to the trader anymore?

Or is it just that nobody likes me personally :D

Nobody likes you personally.

The part that makes it more confusing is the price is too high given the "current market". We had all grown accustomed to seeing things at inflated prices for the last year or so, especially ARs. I first joined when I learned about the ODT during the panic and prices were largely driven by ban fears. I think everyone and their brother bought an AR and handgun during the panic. Ban talks have largely subsided so things are back to what I suppose was the norm pre-panic. If the price is great, people will buy. Just last week I bought a micro H1 when I wasn't in the market for it because it was the price of an Aimpoint PRO.

Negative feedback? Seriously? I have one negative feedback from a legitimate human that I tried to make amends with because I forgot to
mail a check and he sold it to someone else and I offered to just send him the money anyway to make up for it and he said no ...

The other one was creepy like a stalker or something that knew roughly where I lived because he saw me talking about going to gun stores in dawsonville but we hadn't set a meet or a date/time or even a place yet and he "drove up to meet me because we had set a meet" and just drove around my area for like three hours trying to PM me on the trader
.... it was absolutely insane and then he lambasted me because I wasn't even near my home when I finally checked the trader and saw that he was trying to get ahold of me ....so he gets on here and starts talking about about having set a meet etc and breaking my word but he had no meeting place and had no idea where I lived other than a generic near dawsonville to go on before he drove an hour plus to meet? and other than that there are 101 positive feedbacks over three years.

hard to pry a g19 away from g19 guys. also neg feedback doesn't help.

Last edited:
I've got an eotech xps2 sitting there at $150 lower than retail price for a week now .... that's a pretty big chunk out of the price when the retail price is only like $499 to begin with.

Last edited:
Negative feedback? Seriously? I have one negative feedback from a legitimate human that I tried to make amends with because I forgot to
mail a check and he sold it to someone else and I offered to just send him the money anyway to make up for it and he said no ...

The other one was creepy like a stalker or something that knew roughly where I lived because he saw me talking about going to gun stores in dawsonville but we hadn't set a meet or a date/time or even a place yet and he "drove up to meet me because we had set a meet" and just drove around my area for like three hours trying to PM me on the trader
.... it was absolutely insane and then he lambasted me because I wasn't even near my home when I finally checked the trader and saw that he was trying to get ahold of me ....so he gets on here and starts talking about about having set a meet etc and breaking my word but he had no meeting place and had no idea where I lived other than a generic near dawsonville to go on before he drove an hour plus to meet? and other than that there are 101 positive feedbacks over three years.

The mods won't let neg feedback stand if it's not warranted......just sayin

The proof is in the puddin'.

I guess my point is, if I was in Gwinnett County or another area with a lot more traders, I firmly believe that package would have sold, for my asking price, very quickly.
Augusta is a big enough area, but not a lot of people on ODT in this area, and/or some Augusta area members aren't very active on the site.

Back
Top Bottom