• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's going on with the trader?

Also, seems like every time I see something I want it is listed for trade only. Why not put up for sale and buy what you want with the cash?

I have my Dan Wesson ECO listed for trade only because I'm looking for a few specific guns that are hard to find on the used market. It won't hurt my feelings to keep it one bit though. If I sold it right now I'd probably end up spending the cash on something else because I couldn't find the few guns that I'm looking for.

I sold a G23 in two hours last month here on the trader

I sold a fairly expensive 1911 on the 1911 forum in 7 hours a few months ago that I had re-listed here 3 times. Sometimes you just have to go where your target audience is to sell what you have. I've also bought several guns off of other national forums that I got cheaper than I could find them for on here even after shipping and FFL fees. Shipping a gun isn't that difficult.

Honestly, I find that everyone blames it on price. But in my experience that is seldom the case. I haven't been a member for long but I can tell you I have seen a ton of guns I would love to buy at the prices ya'll are asking. Problem is, I live in Valdosta. A looooong way from most of you. So far out of the 15 people I have messaged I have only made one purchase and that was because he was local the other 14 turned down shipping their item to me, even though I said I would pay shipping. If you want to sell your items the. You gotta be able to ship.

Honestly, I find that everyone blames it on price. But in my experience that is seldom the case. I haven't been a member for long but I can tell you I have seen a ton of guns I would love to buy at the prices ya'll are asking. Problem is, I live in Valdosta. A looooong way from most of you. So far out of the 15 people I have messaged I have only made one purchase and that was because he was local the other 14 turned down shipping their item to me, even though I said I would pay shipping. If you want to sell your items the. You gotta be able to ship.

Yeah...I don't understand people selling little cheap stuff like gas blocks, stocks, slings, trigger guards etc...and WON'T SHIP! That's just crazy. Who wants to drive across town for a 15 dollar item? But there's always ebay, so that's where I usually end up for the little stuff.

Agreed. I made this same point earlier. Items in areas with more members and activity seem to go quickly, even if the price is just ok (in my own opinion, of course). In fact, I am keeping an eye on a listing near Atlanta to see if I can prove this point compared to essentially the same item that I sold here recently.

I had one person tell me he wouldn't ship (AR15 upper) because he likes to sell and trade in order to meet new people ( I assume he means other gun lovers) and shipping an item removed the part that he enjoyed. I thought it was a little strange, but that's fine. It is his item and apparently he did not want to ship it.
I buy and sell on ar15.com as well, and it is pretty much mandatory to ship there, since its a national forum, although I did do a face to face with a guy from Savannah on there.

Yeah...I don't understand people selling little cheap stuff like gas blocks, stocks, slings, trigger guards etc...and WON'T SHIP! That's just crazy. Who wants to drive across town for a 15 dollar item? But there's always ebay, so that's where I usually end up for the little stuff.

Good call on that, I have found a few decent deals on small parts on ebay as well.

...I had one person tell me he wouldn't ship (AR15 upper) because he likes to sell and trade in order to meet new people ( I assume he means other gun lovers) and shipping an item removed the part that he enjoyed. I thought it was a little strange, but that's fine. It is his item and apparently he did not want to ship it...

I've heard that before as well and I too thought it was odd...funny what makes some folks tick, huh?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom